The Twilight Impulse
My thoughts and impressions of the Twilight Saga, written by the fabulous Stephenie Meyer
- Name: TheTwilightImpulse
Hey, I'm a massive Twilight Fan, and thanks to my friends being fed up with having to listern to my non-stop chattering about Twilight, i decided to create a blog for myself to just vent and document my twilight obsession!! I'm current studying journalism and have aspiration to become one, so why not write about something as awesome as the Twilight Saga!!
Monday, October 18, 2010
Friday, October 15, 2010
Casting for Coverns released by Summit!! :)
Summit release the casting decisions for the amazon coven, the egyptian coven, the irish coven, the romanian coven, the american nomads, and the europeaon nomads!! This is exciting...Breaking Dawn is getting close to beging production, all of this casting information is being released!! :) It's so exciting to be getting news!!
In the Amazon coven:
The Egypitian coven:
The Irish Coven:
The Romanian Coven:
The American Nomads:
The European Nomads:
Alistair - Joe Anderson - Wow...he is really cute and plus, he is British :) He is going to be an awesome Alistair. I don't really remember much about Alistair but i think he was the vampire who freaked out and ran off before the Volturi showed up. I really need to read Breaking Dawn again. Well, at least the last half of it. Joe is really cute, and i'm an really excited about his performance. He had done some theater where he performed Shakespeare. Anything to do with Shakespeare completley wins me over...so i'm happy with Joe being Alistair.
Overall, i'm pretty happy with the casting decision. I tried not to be too harsh as i don't want to judge them before i even see them in costume and their acting. But, just based on the pictures on IMDB, i'm pretty happy. I'm so excited that Breaking Dawn is really happening :) We only have to wait just over a year for Part One!! I'm super excited!! :) As much as i'm dying to see it...i'm glad it far away because Breaking Dawn is the last book, and when it's over i don't know what i'll do. But anyway, I'm excited :) Thanks Summit for releasing this :) All the fans really appreciate it.
Sunday, October 3, 2010
Denali Coven Has Been Cast!!! :)
The Denali's have been cast!! :) YES!! Finally some Breaking Dawn cast information!! So, Eleazar is Christian Camargo, Tanya is Myanna Buring, Kate is Casey LaBow, Carmen is Mia Maestro, and Irnia is Maggie Grace, which we already knew.
Ohhh, hurry up Breaking Dawn!!!
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
I have been worried for some time about how they are going to create Renesmee. That's been one of my biggest concerns. I'm hoping that they will combine both a human girl and CGI to make Renesmee and it looks like that is what they are going to do.
Plus, for Renesmee when she is really little...i think they are just going to take Mackenzie's face and use CGI to make her younger. I don't know if Summit are going to use it, but the technology that was used for Benjamin Button would be great for Renesmee. I mean, they made Brad Pitt look 80 years old and then look like a newborn baby.
I have the idea that in the film, Summit might make Renesmee grow faster than she did in the book, just for visual purposes because she is going to be so hard to capture without looking fake, or cheesy. I'm really hoping they do a good job. However, considering Summit have over 2 year to work on Renesmee, i think she will turn out well.
Hoping for the best...but i have faith in Summit. They have not disappointed the fans before.
Maggie Grace cast as Irina!!!
Overall, i'm pretty happy with Maggie. Now, the next question is: Who will be Tanya? I'm dying to know who they are going to get to play the woman interested in Edward. This is going to be interesting. I'd be really upset if they cut Tanya, but i don't think they will. Stephenie Meyer is a producer, and Summit know if they cut fan-favourite characters, they Twilight fan will be upset!!
SO EXCITED FOR BREAKING DAWN!!! :)
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Breaking Dawn filming schedule and Eclipse DVD release
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
USA Todays article "Adults fret that 'Eclipse' lacks good role models for teens"
REVIEW: 'Eclipse' is fairly anemic.
The faithful are divided
Meanwhile, conservative Christian organizations that sought to ban the Harry Potter books because they're about wizards and witches are divided about criticizing Twilight.
She says vampires are definitely not good role models, and she blames Hollywood.
Not everyone relates
Not every young woman yearns for a vampire of her own.
Jenn Petti, 26, who works at a hotel in Colorado Springs, has read all the books and saw the first movie. She thinks Bella is pretty lame.
"How is her being a role model even up for debate?" Petti scoffs.
"Girls relate to the fantasy," she says. "It speaks to that part in most girls of wanting to be a princess, wanting something crazy and magical to happen.""
It's so interesting...
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
MY ECLIPSE REVIEW
Firstly, the score was beautiful!! Howard Shore, you lived up to my expectations. Alexandre Desplat composed a gorgeous score for New Moon, and Howard Shore stood beside him and delivered a great score. I can’t say enough about it because I honestly loved it. I can't give an in-depth review because I have only heard it once, but I really did love it.
Javier, the cinematographer, well done!!! Visually Eclipse was stunning. The gorgeous shots of the landscape were obvious of Javier's skill, as well as David's. I loved the flashback scenes. Wow, the scenery was incredible. Rosalie’s, Jasper’s and the Quileute legends scenes were really awesome. It was nice to see more of the Cullen’s, and understand why they are the way are. One of my favourite shots was when Jacob was carrying Bella up the mountain, and the camera zooms up to show how steep it is. LOVED IT!! Also, no disgusting colour tint over the lens. Yes!!!
The make-up was significant improved from New Moon, except for Jane. I think that Bella was actually wearing eyeliner, and mascara. Yay!! Edward's lips didn’t look that bad....and I love the vampire’s skin. It looked hard as rock, which is how it's supposed to be. However, I didn’t like how they did Jane's eyes in Eclipse. I thought they were better in New Moon. But, other than that, it improved significantly.
The costumes were so much better than New Moon. For one, Bella wasn't depressed and actually dressed herself well, which was awesome. But generally the clothes were so much better, particularly Alice. I LOVED her jacket when she was telling Charlie about Bella's sleepover with her. The flashback scenes were awesome costuming. I LOVED Jasper's Major's outfit (major swoon) and Rosalie's coat with all of her 40s clothing. Awesome.
I really liked all of the stuff that was added into the film, like Riley's transformation, Victoria seducing and manipulating Riley, the Volturi being aware of the newborns, the Cullen’s chasing Victoria in the woods etc. It was really cool to get away from Bella, and to see more action, violence, and drama than Bella being torn between two guys. It just give Eclipse much more depth, and would make guys like it much more because it isn’t just a romance.
The action sequences were friggin awesome!! Seriously, they were cool. I was impressed by Robert Pattinson job with fighting Bryce Dallas' Howard, because Rob isn’t co-ordinated, or athletic at all. So, it was nice to see him do something, and not have it look stupid or cheesy like Twilight. Also, the fighting sequences were really well shot, and I can imagine the effort and training that all of the cast put in. Nikki Reed said she wanted to die because it was so painful, and I can see how much it must have taken to get that, because it looks incredible.
Now, onto the bad. The wigs'. Ewwww still. I mean Jackson Rathbone's wig?? Seriously, who picked that wig, because it makes Jackson look pretty bad. He kinda pulls it off, but it is just a bad wig. Sometimes, Kristens' wig looked good, and then sometimes it looked bad. I suppose it has to do with how her hair was. I remember she had a top-knot and it look awful, but when she had it down, it looked fine. Oh well, don't have to worry about that for Breaking Dawn, as Kristen's hair would have grown back.
Also, the acting. Arghhh, Kristen still got on my nerves but she was better than she was in New Moon. Taylor's acting was good, it's just that his voice isn’t very deep and intimidating so it can made him humorous when he is trying to be angry because it’s ironic. With Robert, I think he did a better than he did in the entire series, but still it was pretty bad. However, I was extremely impressed with Jackson Rathbone. I think he was the stand out in the film, by far. Good job, Jackson.
Taylor kept talking about how he thought Eclipse was funny, but I was expecting it to be funnier than it was. I mean, it was funny, but I thought there would be more humour than there actually was. Plus, there were a few other issues I had with it, like Jessica being valedictorian (umm no it’s supposed to be smart Eric, not stupid Jessica). I expected Charlie to be funnier than he was, because he was hilarious in Twilight and New Moon.
Overall, Eclipse was pretty good, and I think it's the best so far. Now, I’m just dying to see what David Slade puts on the DVD. I was disappointed that he isn't going to be recording a commentary, but I hope that Kristen, Taylor, and Robert record one anyway. But I don't think that is going to happen. I know that David cut the scene with Angela and Bella addressing graduation cards, so I hope it makes it onto the DVD, along with some bloopers. I'm dying to see Eclipse again :) Thanks David. I think you did a great job. There weren't many cheesy lines at all!! YAY!!! :D
Monday, July 5, 2010
Eclipse made $121M in first three days
The Hollywood Insider is reporting that Eclipse has made just over $121 on it's third day!!! Wow, that's incredible. I know i said that i would stay off the internet untill i saw Eclipse, however i've only been going on site i know that won't post spoliers, and only facts about Eclipse. I am going officially tomorrow :P I'll post my review when i get back :D
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Eclipse is released tonight!!!!!
I'm literally refusing to read any reviews or even fan reviews, as i want to form my own opinion, and not be influenced by others.
I'm going to TUESDAY!!! FKING TUESDAY!!! Cause me and all of my friends are in university, we are broke from rent, food, school, etc so we are going on cheap tuesday, well because it's cheap. That's almost a week after Eclipse is released. Good on them for buying the tickets and not telling me!!!
This is BAD, because Eclipse comes out on Thursday, so EVERY hardcore fan, like myself would have seen it, but ME! Arghhh, oh well. I'm gonna have to stay off the internet for 7 days. So, i'm posting this then getting off for a week. OMG, kill me.
I will probably end up considering ditching them, and seeing the movie without them knowing. Oh well, i planned on seeing it twice anyway.
Peace out internet. See you on Tueday night!!!
Monday, June 21, 2010
Friday, June 4, 2010
The Eclipse Score tracks have been released!! :) I'm super excited!! They are:
2. Compromise/Bella's Theme
3. Bella's Truck/Florida
6. The Cullens Plan
7. First Kiss
9. Decisions, Decisions...
10. They're Coming Here
11. Jacob Black
13. Wolf Scent
14. Mountain Peek
15. The Kiss
16. The Battle/Victoria vs. Edward
18. As Easy As Breathing
19. Wedding Plans
I'm super excited, because from the looks of it, every part of Eclipse has been covered!!
1. Riley - This obviously the opening sequence when Riley is human, and he is being chased and turned into a vampire by Victoria in the rain. This scene is going to be awesome because it automatically sets up a threat right from the very beginning! Me being the media and literature nerd i am, it's an excellent narrative device because an opening sequence sets up the expectations, themes, and ideas that are going to be explored through-out the film. It poses questions to the audiece that creates intrest by teasing the audiences curiosity about what is going to happen through-out the rest of the film. It's evidently going to be an action sequence, so the guys are going to be more interested from the beginning of the film. :)
2. Compromise/Bella's Theme - I'm sure that this theme is going to be played through-out the film because it's Bella's Theme. I'm not sure but i think that it's going to be incorporated like Edward and Jacob's theme was in New Moon. It'll be interesting to see what Howard Shore does with it, and how he uses Bella's theme through-out the film to convey the emotions that she is feeling.
3. Bella Truck/Florida - I'm not sure what the truck part is, but this song is going to be played when Bella goes to visit Renee is Florida. I'm not sure if Edward comes as well, but i hope he does because that's the way it was in the books. I'm excited to see more interaction between Bella and Renee, so that the people who havnt read the books can get a better grasp of their relationship.
4. Victoria - I know that David Slade has added some scene in with Victoria, like Chris Weitz did in New Moon. Although, i'm sure that Victoria is going to have a much larger part in Eclipse. There has been a lot added in Victoria changing Riley, Victoria seducing Riley, the Newborns, Bree. All of those are obviously going to play a much larger part than they did in the books. I'm just glad that everyone gets to read "The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner" before Eclipse comes out. So that we understand, and it's not too out of the blue for these to be added in.
5. Imprinting - This is going to be played when Jacob tries to explain the Bella what imprinting is. I really hope that Melissa Rosenberg and David Slade didnt make it sound really perverted or creapy. If it's done wrong, i can see how it could be considered as child paedophilia. I really hope that it's explained well, and that it can be pulled off well. Also, i hope that Quil's relationship will Claire is there, so that you can visually see that Quil is in no way romantically attracted to her.
6. The Cullens Plan - I'm not sure what this is refering to, but i think it's the plan for Bella to be changed after graduation by Carlisle. It that or when Cullen deciding to go to Seattle themselves to stop the newborns attracting attention, and then have the Voltrui come down. I can't be sure because i havnt see n the film yet, but i'm super excited to see more of the Cullens. We hardly saw them at all in Twilight and New Moon. I've been anticipating seeing more of them in Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. :)
7. First Kiss- LOL this is going to be Jacob's first kiss!! This is going to be funny!!! Jacob kisses Bella, and then she gets so mad that she punches him in the face!! I really hope that Kristen and Taylor act really well in this scene because it's will make or break this scene. I'm excited for this. I was laughing out loud when i read Eclipse for the first time. I wonder what this song is going to sound like....hmmmm.
8. Rosalie - I'm really excited for Rosalie's flashback scene. It gives the audience the opportunity to understand Rosalie better, and to know why she is the ways that she is. Plus, i think that Jack Huston who plays Royce King the second, is really gorgeous!!! It's also good to see that Rosalie sincerely cares for Bella, and that she doesnt want her to give up a life that she could have, like Rosalie was made to.
9. Decisions, Decisions... - I think this is going to be be when the Victoria knows that Alice only see vision when a decision has been made. I remember a part in the book where Alice cant see what they are doing because they havnt made a decision yet. I'm sure this scene is just going to be Alice, Bella, Edward and all of the other Cullens talking or something about the newborns in the living room of their house.
10. They're Coming Here - This is obviously refering to the Newborns coming to Forks. I think that this is going to be during the graduation party. That is when Alice has her vision and goes off to discuss it with the Cullens. Unless it has been changed in the film, i'm pretty sure that is when it's going to happen. I'm excited for this scene, because it's awesome to see Alice decorated everything, and all of the humans there having a party! Sweet!!
11. Jacob Black - I'm not sure where this is going to be. I'm also not sure if it's Jacob's Theme that we got on the soundtrack, or if it's a different song all together. I'm sure it's got Jacob's theme incorporated within it somewhere, but it's difficult to tell because there isnt much to go from .I'm just purely speculating here. Although, the Jacob's Theme that we did hear already, i love it!! :)
12. Jasper - I'm SO excited for Jasper's flashback!! I'm hoping that is seriously cool and violent! Having the war, and then the vampire wars of the south!! It's going to be seriously cool!1 I really hope that Jackson Rathbone accentuates his southern accent because Jasper's accent would've been really strong them. Wow, i'm so excited for this. I really hope that Jaspers wig grows on me, because i really don't like it at the moment. I'm curious to see how they are going to show Jaspers' battle scars, if they choose to show them at all.
13. Wolf Scent - I think this song is going to be played when Jasper is teaching the Cullens and the Wolves how to fight off the nrwborn vampires. This is going to be such a cool scene. I remember the wolves wanting to smell all of the Cullens so they don't accidentally hurt one of them, thinking they are a newborn. I'm excited to see the connection between Bella and Jacob in his wolf form. Apparantly, Bella patts Jacob's fur and scrathes his ears and everything. Awww, so adorable.
14. Mountain Peek - I think that this is going to be played when Jacob is carrying Bella up the mountain, and while they are hiding out. I'm SO excited for the tent scene. It is probably the most anticipated scene in the entire film. I don't think thats a generalisation. I'm sure everyone is excited because that was such a great scene in the books. I really hope the dialogue is great, as well as the acting and the music.
15. This Kiss - i have high expectations for this kiss. It better be bloody passionate!! I want to see some serious, harcore, violent, passionate action here!!! I want this kiss to put the Twilight fans passion to shame!! I know that David Slade shot some flashforward scene with Bella imagining her life if she chose Jacob. That's going to be so cute seeing Billy, Charlie, Jacob, Bella and their children together (If David Slade had children in the scene). Awwww, super adorable!! I'm excited for this kiss scene, because it should display Jacob's desire for Bella. It should be super passionate because she loses herself in this kiss they way she cant with Edward.
16. The Battle/ Victoria vs. Edward - THIS BETTER BE SOME SUPER COOL ACTION MUSIC!!! This is going to be an AMAZING scene!!! I'm excited to see some action, and not as much sappiness that was in Twilight. I know the entire cast trained like crazy for this one scene, so i have a feeling that it's going to be super hardcore and insense!
17. Jane - The Volturi's visit!! I'm excited for this because Dakota Fanning is an incredible actress and she was one of the stand out performers in New Moon, even though she was only in it for about 5 minutes. I'm excited to see how the Voltrui act with all of the Cullens there, and when they are outside of their lair. I'm sure it's going to be fabulous.
18. Easy As Breathing - OMG!!! I'm going to cry SO much during this scene!!! This is obviously when Bella goes to Jacob's and he is all broken, hurt and vulneralble lying in his bed. I'm pretty sure that is the scene, because a line from the books, is that Jacob tells Bella if she chose him, their relationship would be so perfect, and right, that they wouldnt even have to work at it. That it would be so effortless, like breathing. I'm paraphrasing here, but you get the idea. I'm going to ball my eyes out.
19. Wedding Plans - I think the title says it all. Edward and Bella discussing their wedding plans. I'm assuming the date, and when Bella is going to be changed etc. It's going to be a really cute conclusion to Eclipse. I hope they added Alice in there talking about the wedding, and what Alice is usually like over planning any event.
I'm really excited for Howard Shores' Score, however i don't think i'm going to buy it before i see the film. If i play all of the tracks before, and listen to them, during the film, i'll be constantly picking out that track is there, and this track is there. I think it would be better to sit down and watching the film, and feel the emotions the songs are trying to convey without overthinking where every song starts, ends and is placed. You know? I know that may not make sense to anyone, but it does to me. Other than that. I'm excited for Eclipse. I just can't say it enough!! :)
Thursday, June 3, 2010
My Eclipse Soundtrack Review
Summit was kind enough to let everyone listen to the Eclipse Soundtrack before it was released!! Awww, how sweet!! So, the entire album was uploaded to the official soundtrack site, and it's going to remain there for 24 hours!! :) That's awesome, so everyone can hear it before they buy it!! I'm SO happy with the soundtrack at the moment. I've already expressed my love for Muses' single, so i'll just give my mini review on the rest of the soundtrack. By the way, i typed this last night at 2-3am, so it may not be that well written.
Eclipse (All Yours) by Metric – I LOVE IT!!! I don’t usually like music like that, but really like this song. I think it fits perfectly the tone of Eclipse, and I can imagine this song in the film. They did a good job with continuity because the songs from New Moon and Eclipse all fit together. I SO LOVE THIS SONG!!! The vocals are beautiful and it makes me want to sing along!! :)
Neutron Star Collision (Love is Forever) by Muse – I already did I write up about how much I love this song!! I have a new found love for Muse now! I used to think they were just ok, and the only song I liked was “Super Massive Blackhole”. However, I’ve only recently started liking “Uprising”, “Resistance” and “Undisclosed Desires”. Now, after “Neutron Star Collision” was released, I bough Muses’ latest album “The Resistance.” I’m glad I did, because I like it.
Ours by The Bravery – OMG, I LOVE THIS SONG!!!! I’ve never heard of these guys before, but I’m loving this song. Great melody, great lyrics, I love the chord progression and the vocals. It’s dark and solemn and at the same time it has a great beat that makes you want to bop along. LOVE <33 It’s very indie rock, and I LOVE it!!! Probably one of my favourites on the entire Eclipse Soundtrack.
Heavy in Your Arms by Florence and the Machine – OK, I don’t like this song. I can see how it might fit a particular scene, but I wouldn’t listen to this on my Ipod or anything. It’s just not my taste in music. I’ve heard of them before, and their song “You’ve got the Love” is ok, and I don’t mind listening to it on the radio, but I didn’t buy it. I guess I just don’t like their music. I wasn’t too excited to hear that they were possibly on the soundtrack. Not crazy about this song.
My Love by Sia – I have high expectations considering one of my favourite songs is by Sia. It’s called Breathe Me, so I’m hoping high for this. OK, WOW!!! I love it already and it’s only been 50 seconds in. Beautiful song. Lovely piano and vocals. I just love listening to solo acoustic piano, vocals, and strings. They sound gorgeous together. I really LOVE this song. I would listen to this in my car or doing homework or something. <33 Heart it, totally!! It's going to be one of my favourites, i can tell.
Atlas by Fanfarlo – It’s ok, I don’t hate it and I don’t love it. I can see it being in Eclipse though. I’m sure it fits the movie perfectly; however it’s just meh for me at the moment. Maybe just because I just got my mind blown by Sia. However, I may change my mind when I see Eclipse and can place the song with a particular scene. It changed the may I saw the New Moon soundtrack. Half of those song i though where meh, but after seeing them in New Moon i really started to like them more.
Chop and Change by The Black Keys – Ok, I’m liking this. It’s very downbeat, and funky. Very classic rhythm and blues. It could even pass as blues/jazz, although it doesn’t have any brass, or woodwind instruments. Although, I do like this. I don’t love it, but I do like it. I’m sure it will grow on me the more I listen to it. This is just my first time around and its 2am.
Rolling In On A Burning Tire by The Dead Weather – I don’t know if it’s because I’m so tried, but does this sound a bit like Chop and Change by The Black Keys?? There is just a little riff of a melody that sounds like it. I listen again in the morning, to see, because it might just be because I’m tired. This track is ok, I don’t like it but I don’t hate it. I wouldn’t listen to it but I’m sure it’s fine in Eclipse.
Let’s Get Lost by Beck and Bat for Lashes – I’m not sure what to think of this. It’s alright, but a few of the other songs are a lot better. Well, in my opinion. I can totally see this being played in the background when Bella is trying to seduce Edward in his bedroom, in the chapter “Compromise”. I don’t know why, but that’s what the beat and the lyrics sound like. Oh well, we’ll soon find out!! ;)
Jonathan Low by Vampire Weekend – I’m not feeling this song. Don’t know why. I’ve only recently heard of Vampire Weekend, as one of my roommates loves them, and I don’t really like them. I’ve listened to their music, and it’s ok, but not good enough in my honest opinion for me to listen and buy their music. Its just a meh band for me. Nothing really stands out a great, or good. It's just meh.
With You In My Head by UNKLE – I don’t like this song either. It sounds really weird, and science-fiction like. I’m just not crazy about the vocals, the melody, the key, or the tone. I know that it will probably fit a montage, or in the background of a cool chase or fight scene. It will fit well within a film perspective, but I just wouldn’t listen to this song because I like it.
A Million Miles an Hour by Eastern Conference Champions - I like this. It’s really indie rock, which I love. It’s got that kind of beat that you can just slowly groove to. It’s pretty cool. Although, I cant understand any of the vocals. I like the deep base guitar rhythm and the slow building of the song towards the climax and the little cadence at the end. Pretty sweet.
Life On Earth by Band Of Horses – OK, I LOVE THIS SONG!!!!! Beautiful guitar at the very beginning. Love the gorgeous soft vocals that chime in at the begging, and slowly change into the lyrics of the songs. Very haunting, and it kinda reminds me of Coldplay. They have that very slow, hauntingly beautiful sound with the guitar, the piano and the vocals. I really like this song! :)
What Part Of Forever by Cee Lo Green – I LOVE THIS!!! It’s very up beat, boppy, and very feel good compared to all of the other songs. I like having this on the soundtrack because it is so needed. The Eclipse soundtrack would be too depressing without a few songs like this. It kinda reminds me of The Violet Hour by Sea Wolf on the New Moon Soundtrack. I like this song.
Jacob’s Theme by Howard Shore OMG!!! Jacob’s Theme is SO sad!!! Beautiful piano!! I LOVE IT!!! It’s going to be SO heartbreaking in Eclipse. Taylor Lautner’s acting made me so sad in New Moon. Especially with all of that emotion that Taylor Lautner convey’s through just his eyes. OMG, I’m seriously going to cry when Bella tells Jacob that she doesn’t want him, and ditches him when he is all broken and vulnerable in his bed. OMG!! Tear!! I LOVE Howard Shore, right now!! I have a feeling that he is going to live up to Alexandre Desplat. I'm totally getting the sheet music so i can play it on my piano!! <33
The Lines by Battles – It’s ok. I don’t like it, but I don’t hate it. It’s just something that I wouldn’t listen to. It’s not as commercialised as Twilight soundtrack was. Not in a bad way, but I’m just saying that these songs would never get played on the air if they weren’t of the Eclipse Soundtrack. I’m sure it fits the film, but I just don’t think it’s the greatest to listen to by themselves.
How Can You Swallow So Much Sleep by Bombay Bicycle Club – I like this song. I don’t love it, but I like it. It’s more upbeat, and it’s not in a minor key, so it’s not as depressing. I like the beat of the drums, although I’m not sure about the short melody of the electronic keyboard. That’s a little too year 7 music class when all of the kids were playing around with the pre-programmed beats, and melodies on the keyboards. Other than that, I like it.
Atlas (The Time and Space Machine Rem) by Fanfarlo – This is a remix of the original Atlas song. I LOVE the beginning of this. It just reminds me of the music from Hawaii. So, whenever I hear it I just imagine sitting on a beach, with hula girls in grass skirts and coconuts are handing everyone tropical cocktails. I think I like this version better than the original. Why would they have two of the same on the soundtrack?? I don’t know. Maybe one is in the film, and the other is in the credits. I’m not sure, but I like this one better. Wow, it goes for a long time though. Its at 5 minutes, and it’s still going.
What Part Of Forever by Cee Lo Green (Johan Hugo Remix) – There must be a few remixes on the end as bonus from buying it from ITunes or something. I liked this song before, so I’m sure I’m going to like this. I like that they have extras and stuff, but I’m curious to see if these are just bonuses or if they are actually going to be in the film or not. It’s confusing because some of the songs on the New Moon soundtrack weren’t in the actual film. Oh well, I’ll find out July 1st.
Overall, this soundtrack is quite impressive. There are only a few songs i don't like, and a couple that were meh. My favourites are Eclipse (All Yours) by Metric, Ours by The Bravery, Neutron Star Collision (Love is Forever) by Muse, My Love by Sia, Life on Earth by Band of Horses and Jacob's Theme by Howard Shore. I think that they did a good job selecting songs, and i'm sure that some of the others will grow on me once i've seen Eclipse!! :) I CAN'T WAIT!! THERES ONLY APROX 28 DAYS UNTILL IT'S RELEASED!!! :D
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Kellan and Ashley's Breaking Dawn Agreements
I totally take back what i said about not believing that Kellan and Ashley were holding back signing on for Breaking Dawn because they wanted bigger pay packets. This was actually true. I'm so disappointed in them because i thought that they were bigger people than that. I didnt think that a sum of money would be so important to them to try to manipulate the situation get more money out of Summit. I mean, they act so much less than Rob, Kristen and Taylor, so of course they are going to get a smaller amount of money. But i have no sympathy for these people who are cracking it because they only get 2 million dollars for a few months worth of acting. I'm sorry but i'm a university student who lives on a bare minimum, and is racking up thousands of dollars in debt for my schooling, and they are winging becuase they want a few extra million dollars. I'm sorry, but that is just horrible.
Rob, Kristen and Taylor presenting Eclipse Clip at MTV Movie Awards!
Kristen, Robert and Taylor are going to be presenting at the MTV Movie Awards on June 6. That's not even the most exciting thing. They are there to present an official never before seen clip from Eclipse!! I'm so excited!!! I wonder what clip it's going to be. I'm excited to see however i hope it's not too much of a spoiler, like when Jake kisses Bella (both times), or the tent scene, or even the compromise chapter. On another note, I really hope that the cast win all of the awards that they are nominated for, and i'm super psyched to see all of the interviews that the cast give on the red carpet. I hope that Rob, Kristen and Taylor walk the red carpet, and that the other cast show up too. I love it when Peter, Michael, Kellan, Ashley, Christian, Nikki, Jackson, Alex, Chaske, Dakota, Charlie, and all of the other cast show up too. They give good interviews, and it's nice to see the cast as an entireity. :) Super excited!! Hope they win!!!