The Twilight Impulse

My thoughts and impressions of the Twilight Saga, written by the fabulous Stephenie Meyer

Name:

Hey, I'm a massive Twilight Fan, and thanks to my friends being fed up with having to listern to my non-stop chattering about Twilight, i decided to create a blog for myself to just vent and document my twilight obsession!! I'm current studying journalism and have aspiration to become one, so why not write about something as awesome as the Twilight Saga!!

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Denali Coven Has Been Cast!!! :)

 The Denali's have been cast!! :) YES!! Finally some Breaking Dawn cast information!! So, Eleazar is Christian Camargo, Tanya is Myanna Buring, Kate is Casey LaBow, Carmen is Mia Maestro, and Irnia is Maggie Grace, which we already knew.

Christian Camargo - The most well-known films Christian has been in are The Picture of Dorian Gray, Dexter (he probably knows Melissa Rosenberg), and The Hurt Locker!! Wow...even though he hasn’t been in much...The Hurt Locker?? Oscar nominated film last year!!! So, I’m thinking that Christian is going to be a very good actor. I don't remember him in The Hurt Locker...but it's an incredible movie! I have a good feeling about Christian....I just want to find out what his personality is like. Whether he has a personality more like Peter Facinelli or Rob Pattinson. Interesting.

Myanna Buring - She hasn’t really been in anything, apart from a small role in Midsummer Murders. Since she is Swedish I’m guessing that all of those projects are from Sweden or a just really unknown US films. I'm not too happy about Myanna being cast as Tanya. I picture Tanya will long strawberry blond curls, kinda like Taylor Swift’s hair, and a models body. Of course that's impossible because they need an actress who can act but I imagined someone totally different. She was supposed to be other love interest for Edward, and Bella noticed that she was gorgeous. Myanna is pretty but not gorgeous. However, with the right hair stylist, make-up and wardrobe...I may be totally wrong...but right now I’m not really happy with Summits choice.

Casey LaBow - Casey has only been in two movies I know, a small role on CSI: New York and she was in a small indie film called Skateland, and I have only heard of that because Ashley Greene was in it. I'm not too sure of her acting capabilities, but I’m guessing that Ashley might have suggested her to Summit for a role. That's just my speculating, but it's possible. I think she would be a good Kate...but I don't want to judge yet, because she may be an awful actress or a really great one. I will wait until I see her performance. Also, she looks a bit like a blonde Rachelle.

Mia Maestro - The only thing I know of that Mia has done is Alias, which wasn’t a very good show. It wasn’t her fault; I just didn’t enjoy the story line at all. Anyway, I’m not sure about her acting ability, but she is beautiful. I totally imagined Carmen looking like that. Her hair was a little big different, but close enough. I'm really excited to see what she looks like in her costume because I think she is almost perfect for Carmen.

Overall, I’m pretty happy with the casting by Bill Condon. I'm trying to be objective because the actors are obviously not going to look like they do now during the filming Breaking Dawn. There is going to be hair, make-up, contacts, costumes and then of course, their acting. I'm trying to remain open-minded. I remember when I was upset about some things Summit did, but they turned out to be great; like hiring Chris Weitz and David Slade to direct. I trust Summit know what they are doing, and I’m sure they are not going to do anything to piss of the fans. I'm pretty confident and I can't wait to see their performances next year!!

Ohhh, hurry up Breaking Dawn!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home