The Twilight Impulse

My thoughts and impressions of the Twilight Saga, written by the fabulous Stephenie Meyer

Name:

Hey, I'm a massive Twilight Fan, and thanks to my friends being fed up with having to listern to my non-stop chattering about Twilight, i decided to create a blog for myself to just vent and document my twilight obsession!! I'm current studying journalism and have aspiration to become one, so why not write about something as awesome as the Twilight Saga!!

Friday, June 4, 2010

The Eclipse Score tracks have been released!! :) I'm super excited!! They are:

1. Riley
2. Compromise/Bella's Theme
3. Bella's Truck/Florida
4. Victoria
5. Imprinting
6. The Cullens Plan
7. First Kiss
8. Rosalie
9. Decisions, Decisions...
10. They're Coming Here
11. Jacob Black
12. Jasper
13. Wolf Scent
14. Mountain Peek
15. The Kiss
16. The Battle/Victoria vs. Edward
17. Jane
18. As Easy As Breathing
19. Wedding Plans

I'm super excited, because from the looks of it, every part of Eclipse has been covered!!

1. Riley - This obviously the opening sequence when Riley is human, and he is being chased and turned into a vampire by Victoria in the rain. This scene is going to be awesome because it automatically sets up a threat right from the very beginning! Me being the media and literature nerd i am, it's an excellent narrative device because an opening sequence sets up the expectations, themes, and ideas that are going to be explored through-out the film. It poses questions to the audiece that creates intrest by teasing the audiences curiosity about what is going to happen through-out the rest of the film. It's evidently going to be an action sequence, so the guys are going to be more interested from the beginning of the film. :)

2. Compromise/Bella's Theme - I'm sure that this theme is going to be played through-out the film because it's Bella's Theme. I'm not sure but i think that it's going to be incorporated like Edward and Jacob's theme was in New Moon. It'll be interesting to see what Howard Shore does with it, and how he uses Bella's theme through-out the film to convey the emotions that she is feeling.

3. Bella Truck/Florida - I'm not sure what the truck part is, but this song is going to be played when Bella goes to visit Renee is Florida. I'm not sure if Edward comes as well, but i hope he does because that's the way it was in the books. I'm excited to see more interaction between Bella and Renee, so that the people who havnt read the books can get a better grasp of their relationship.

4. Victoria - I know that David Slade has added some scene in with Victoria, like Chris Weitz did in New Moon. Although, i'm sure that Victoria is going to have a much larger part in Eclipse. There has been a lot added in Victoria changing Riley, Victoria seducing Riley, the Newborns, Bree. All of those are obviously going to play a much larger part than they did in the books. I'm just glad that everyone gets to read "The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner" before Eclipse comes out. So that we understand, and it's not too out of the blue for these to be added in.

5. Imprinting - This is going to be played when Jacob tries to explain the Bella what imprinting is. I really hope that Melissa Rosenberg and David Slade didnt make it sound really perverted or creapy. If it's done wrong, i can see how it could be considered as child paedophilia. I really hope that it's explained well, and that it can be pulled off well. Also, i hope that Quil's relationship will Claire is there, so that you can visually see that Quil is in no way romantically attracted to her.

6. The Cullens Plan - I'm not sure what this is refering to, but i think it's the plan for Bella to be changed after graduation by Carlisle. It that or when Cullen deciding to go to Seattle themselves to stop the newborns attracting attention, and then have the Voltrui come down. I can't be sure because i havnt see n the film yet, but i'm super excited to see more of the Cullens. We hardly saw them at all in Twilight and New Moon. I've been anticipating seeing more of them in Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. :)

7. First Kiss- LOL this is going to be Jacob's first kiss!! This is going to be funny!!! Jacob kisses Bella, and then she gets so mad that she punches him in the face!! I really hope that Kristen and Taylor act really well in this scene because it's will make or break this scene. I'm excited for this. I was laughing out loud when i read Eclipse for the first time. I wonder what this song is going to sound like....hmmmm.

8. Rosalie - I'm really excited for Rosalie's flashback scene. It gives the audience the opportunity to understand Rosalie better, and to know why she is the ways that she is. Plus, i think that Jack Huston  who plays Royce King the second, is really gorgeous!!! It's also good to see that Rosalie sincerely cares for Bella, and that she doesnt want her to give up a life that she could have, like Rosalie was made to.

9. Decisions, Decisions... - I think this is going to be be when the Victoria knows that Alice only see vision when a decision has been made. I remember a part in the book where Alice cant see what they are doing because they havnt made a decision yet. I'm sure this scene is just going to be Alice, Bella, Edward and all of the other Cullens talking or something about the newborns in the living room of their house. 

10. They're Coming Here - This is obviously refering to the Newborns coming to Forks. I think that this is going to be during the graduation party. That is when Alice has her vision and goes off to discuss it with the Cullens. Unless it has been changed in the film, i'm pretty sure that is when it's going to happen. I'm excited for this scene, because it's awesome to see Alice decorated everything, and all of the humans there having a party! Sweet!!

11. Jacob Black - I'm not sure where this is going to be. I'm also not sure if it's Jacob's Theme that we got on the soundtrack, or if it's a different song all together. I'm sure it's got Jacob's theme incorporated within it somewhere, but it's difficult to tell because there isnt much to go from .I'm just purely speculating here. Although, the Jacob's Theme that we did hear already, i love it!! :)

12. Jasper - I'm SO excited for Jasper's flashback!! I'm hoping that is seriously cool and violent! Having the war, and then the vampire wars of the south!! It's going to be seriously cool!1 I really hope that Jackson Rathbone accentuates his southern accent because Jasper's accent would've been really strong them. Wow, i'm so excited for this. I really hope that Jaspers wig grows on me, because i really don't like it at the moment. I'm curious to see how they are going to show Jaspers' battle scars, if they choose to show them at all.

13. Wolf Scent - I think this song is going to be played when Jasper is teaching the Cullens and the Wolves how to fight off the nrwborn vampires. This is going to be such a cool scene. I remember the wolves wanting to smell all of the Cullens so they don't accidentally hurt one of them, thinking they are a newborn. I'm excited to see the connection between Bella and Jacob in his wolf form. Apparantly, Bella patts Jacob's fur and scrathes his ears and everything. Awww, so adorable.

14. Mountain Peek - I think that this is going to be played when Jacob is carrying Bella up the mountain, and while they are hiding out. I'm SO excited for the tent scene. It is probably the most anticipated scene in the entire film. I don't think thats a generalisation. I'm sure everyone is excited because that was such a great scene in the books. I really hope the dialogue is great, as well as the acting and the music.

15. This Kiss - i have high expectations for this kiss. It better be bloody passionate!! I want to see some serious, harcore, violent, passionate action here!!! I want this kiss to put the Twilight fans passion to shame!! I know that David Slade shot some flashforward scene with Bella imagining her life if she chose Jacob. That's going to be so cute seeing Billy, Charlie, Jacob, Bella and their children together (If David Slade had children in the scene). Awwww, super adorable!! I'm excited for this kiss scene, because it should display Jacob's desire for Bella. It should be super passionate because she loses herself in this kiss they way she cant with Edward.

16. The Battle/ Victoria vs. Edward - THIS BETTER BE SOME SUPER COOL ACTION MUSIC!!! This is going to be an AMAZING scene!!! I'm excited to see some action, and not as much sappiness that was in Twilight. I know the entire cast trained like crazy for this one scene, so i have a feeling that it's going to be super hardcore and insense!

17. Jane - The Volturi's visit!! I'm excited for this because Dakota Fanning is an incredible actress and she was one of the stand out performers in New Moon, even though she was only in it for about 5 minutes. I'm excited to see how the Voltrui act with all of the Cullens there, and when they are outside of their lair. I'm sure it's going to be fabulous.

18. Easy As Breathing - OMG!!! I'm going to cry SO much during this scene!!! This is obviously when Bella goes to Jacob's and he is all broken, hurt and vulneralble lying in his bed. I'm pretty sure that is the scene, because a line from the books, is that Jacob tells Bella if she chose him, their relationship would be so perfect, and right, that they wouldnt even have to work at it. That it would be so effortless, like breathing. I'm paraphrasing here, but you get the idea. I'm going to ball my eyes out.

19. Wedding Plans - I think the title says it all. Edward and Bella discussing their wedding plans. I'm assuming the date, and when Bella is going to be changed etc. It's going to be a really cute conclusion to Eclipse. I hope they added Alice in there talking about the wedding, and what Alice is usually like over planning any event. 

I'm really excited for Howard Shores' Score, however i don't think i'm going to buy it before i see the film. If i play all of the tracks before, and listen to them, during the film, i'll be constantly picking out that track is there, and this track is there. I think it would be better to sit down and watching the film, and feel the emotions the songs are trying to convey without overthinking where every song starts, ends and is placed. You know? I know that may not make sense to anyone, but it does to me. Other than that. I'm excited for Eclipse. I just can't say it enough!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home