The Twilight Impulse

My thoughts and impressions of the Twilight Saga, written by the fabulous Stephenie Meyer

Name:

Hey, I'm a massive Twilight Fan, and thanks to my friends being fed up with having to listern to my non-stop chattering about Twilight, i decided to create a blog for myself to just vent and document my twilight obsession!! I'm current studying journalism and have aspiration to become one, so why not write about something as awesome as the Twilight Saga!!

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

MY ECLIPSE REVIEW

OMG, I just got back from seeing Eclipse!!!! :) SO happy right now!!!!! It's about time I saw it. Eclipse was released on Thursday, and I had to wait until Tuesday. Anyway, I finally saw it :) Now I can actually use the internet. However, there were these annoying girls sitting right behind us, and they wouldn’t shut up. Seriously, they were literally having conversations while everyone was trying to watch the film. Man, I almost got up and told them to shut up, or get out. How rude and disrespectful. But other than that, ECLIPSE WAS SO MUCH BETTER THAN TWILIGHT AND NEW MOON!!! OMG!!

Firstly, the score was beautiful!! Howard Shore, you lived up to my expectations. Alexandre Desplat composed a gorgeous score for New Moon, and Howard Shore stood beside him and delivered a great score. I can’t say enough about it because I honestly loved it. I can't give an in-depth review because I have only heard it once, but I really did love it.

Javier, the cinematographer, well done!!! Visually Eclipse was stunning. The gorgeous shots of the landscape were obvious of Javier's skill, as well as David's. I loved the flashback scenes. Wow, the scenery was incredible. Rosalie’s, Jasper’s and the Quileute legends scenes were really awesome. It was nice to see more of the Cullen’s, and understand why they are the way are. One of my favourite shots was when Jacob was carrying Bella up the mountain, and the camera zooms up to show how steep it is. LOVED IT!! Also, no disgusting colour tint over the lens. Yes!!!

The make-up was significant improved from New Moon, except for Jane. I think that Bella was actually wearing eyeliner, and mascara. Yay!! Edward's lips didn’t look that bad....and I love the vampire’s skin. It looked hard as rock, which is how it's supposed to be. However, I didn’t like how they did Jane's eyes in Eclipse. I thought they were better in New Moon. But, other than that, it improved significantly.

The costumes were so much better than New Moon. For one, Bella wasn't depressed and actually dressed herself well, which was awesome. But generally the clothes were so much better, particularly Alice. I LOVED her jacket when she was telling Charlie about Bella's sleepover with her. The flashback scenes were awesome costuming. I LOVED Jasper's Major's outfit (major swoon) and Rosalie's coat with all of her 40s clothing. Awesome.

I really liked all of the stuff that was added into the film, like Riley's transformation, Victoria seducing and manipulating Riley, the Volturi being aware of the newborns, the Cullen’s chasing Victoria in the woods etc. It was really cool to get away from Bella, and to see more action, violence, and drama than Bella being torn between two guys. It just give Eclipse much more depth, and would make guys like it much more because it isn’t just a romance.

The action sequences were friggin awesome!! Seriously, they were cool. I was impressed by Robert Pattinson job with fighting Bryce Dallas' Howard, because Rob isn’t co-ordinated, or athletic at all. So, it was nice to see him do something, and not have it look stupid or cheesy like Twilight. Also, the fighting sequences were really well shot, and I can imagine the effort and training that all of the cast put in. Nikki Reed said she wanted to die because it was so painful, and I can see how much it must have taken to get that, because it looks incredible.

Now, onto the bad. The wigs'. Ewwww still. I mean Jackson Rathbone's wig?? Seriously, who picked that wig, because it makes Jackson look pretty bad. He kinda pulls it off, but it is just a bad wig. Sometimes, Kristens' wig looked good, and then sometimes it looked bad. I suppose it has to do with how her hair was. I remember she had a top-knot and it look awful, but when she had it down, it looked fine. Oh well, don't have to worry about that for Breaking Dawn, as Kristen's hair would have grown back.

Also, the acting. Arghhh, Kristen still got on my nerves but she was better than she was in New Moon. Taylor's acting was good, it's just that his voice isn’t very deep and intimidating so it can made him humorous when he is trying to be angry because it’s ironic. With Robert, I think he did a better than he did in the entire series, but still it was pretty bad. However, I was extremely impressed with Jackson Rathbone. I think he was the stand out in the film, by far. Good job, Jackson.

Taylor kept talking about how he thought Eclipse was funny, but I was expecting it to be funnier than it was. I mean, it was funny, but I thought there would be more humour than there actually was. Plus, there were a few other issues I had with it, like Jessica being valedictorian (umm no it’s supposed to be smart Eric, not stupid Jessica). I expected Charlie to be funnier than he was, because he was hilarious in Twilight and New Moon.

Overall, Eclipse was pretty good, and I think it's the best so far. Now, I’m just dying to see what David Slade puts on the DVD. I was disappointed that he isn't going to be recording a commentary, but I hope that Kristen, Taylor, and Robert record one anyway. But I don't think that is going to happen. I know that David cut the scene with Angela and Bella addressing graduation cards, so I hope it makes it onto the DVD, along with some bloopers. I'm dying to see Eclipse again :) Thanks David. I think you did a great job. There weren't many cheesy lines at all!! YAY!!! :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home