The Twilight Impulse

My thoughts and impressions of the Twilight Saga, written by the fabulous Stephenie Meyer

Name:

Hey, I'm a massive Twilight Fan, and thanks to my friends being fed up with having to listern to my non-stop chattering about Twilight, i decided to create a blog for myself to just vent and document my twilight obsession!! I'm current studying journalism and have aspiration to become one, so why not write about something as awesome as the Twilight Saga!!

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Up in the Air Review

I know this isn't very Twilight related other than Anna Kendrick being in it, but I just got back from seeing "Up in the Air", and wow. It was great!! I loved everything about it; the music, the cinematography, the acting, the cast, the director Jason Reitman, EVERYTHING!! Although my mum, who went with me didn’t think much of it, I absolutely loved it!!! I seriously think it is going to be awarded many, many awards for its brilliance.

Firstly, Anna Kendrick. She is amazing. Stand out best performance in the film. I'm not just saying that because she was in Twilight, she was legitimately awesome. Her acting was fabulous. Her speech, her tone, her posture, her facial expression, her costume, everything she did was just outstanding. Anna is going to have a very long and fulfilling career ahead of her, and I seriously mean that. I can't get over her! With a bigger role than Twilight she really got to thrive as an actress and show everyone what she is really made off. No wonder she is nominated for best supporting actress, she seriously deserves it.

The screenplay was great too. It was funnier than I thought it would be. Additionally, it's not like that stupid kind of funny you see in films like “The 40 year old Virgin” or “Harold and Kumar”, it was very intellectually witty. Which I was surprised, because it was supposed to be a very heavy drama, but that humour was needed otherwise it would have been very dry. Plus, the ending rocked! Ryan didn’t get Alex, and he was left alone. I loved that because he has isolated himself from everyone and that is the consequences of his actions. I loved it because it's more true to life, not everything goes the way they were planed, and it didn’t have that stupid Hollywood cliché, cookie-cutter end, which just made everything more perfect. That's real life, and even though it was a movie, it made it seem real because not everybody has everything sorted out by the end of the film, and our lives aren’t always perfectly concluded, like a film.

The moral of the story was hard to overlook. That moral made “Up in the Air” so different from general romantic comedy, where the guy gets the girl and everyone lives happily ever after. Not many movies have an intention other than to entertain, and are just movie shoved with crude humour and aren’t supposed to teach us anything about how we are or how we live. This film did it perfectly without becoming too preachy. Essentially the message was people are the heaviest things in out lives, but they are also the most worth while, precious things to us, and that shouldn’t be taken for granted otherwise we will end up alone, old with nobody to care about us, just like Ryan was. Sad, but it's true. Loved it!

I don't want to ramble too much because this is my Twilight blog, but I just wanted to comment on the film because it was incredible. Not very often I come out of the cinemas totally in love with everything about the film, because even Avatar and New Moon I had some issue with. But this, no, everything was great. I honestly can't think of one criticism. Jason Reitman, you are seriously incredible. Thanks for making such an amazing film. I wanted to thank all of the people behind the film, the crew. Usually you don't hear must about them, because the big actors like George Clooney are getting all of the recognition, but just got to say, Well Done. You did a great job, plus I’m totally in LOVE with Anna Kendrick!! I thought I was before, but now I’m going to see every film that she is going to do because she is just a brilliant actor, and an amazingly funny, sincere and kind person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home