The Twilight Impulse

My thoughts and impressions of the Twilight Saga, written by the fabulous Stephenie Meyer

Name:

Hey, I'm a massive Twilight Fan, and thanks to my friends being fed up with having to listern to my non-stop chattering about Twilight, i decided to create a blog for myself to just vent and document my twilight obsession!! I'm current studying journalism and have aspiration to become one, so why not write about something as awesome as the Twilight Saga!!

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Eclipse Script Leaked

YES!! Finally some actual Twilight news, rather than just stupid rumours going around. Well, for one about the script, I’m not surprised. This always happens when a movie is so big, a version of the script is bound to be leaked one way or another. Unlike the leaking of Midnight Sun, I don't think this is going to stop production of the film. It still has a June 30th release date, and if Summit want to get it finished by then, they must be hard at work and not sit there sulking over a leaked version of the scrip. Which, we don't even know how legit this is but it could just be one of the earlier drafts, and probably has many changes since then.

When the New Moon scrip leaked, everything was ok; Chris and Summit handled it very well. They just took it down, and continued on with their work, not dwelling on something that was inevitable with such a popular film as The Twilight Saga. It appears that David Slade and Summit are just doing that same thing this time around. This is very mature, not like Stephenie Meyer. I'm not saying I’m resenting Stephenie just because of her action resulting from the Midnight Sun leak, I just thought she could of handled it better. I understand that she was upset, but come on; it's been over two years. Get over it already. Sorry, Steph, I love you and all but it's getting to the point where I don’t think Midnight Sun will come out until all of the films are completed.

Anyway, Summit is denying that this scrip is legitimate. I'm not to sure whether it is or not, but it does look very real. Since I have only read the first two pages, I didn’t want to read anymore because that would be condoning the distribution of private property, which is illegal and would ruin my reception concept of Eclipse. I don't want to taint my experience, because some loser has leaked a possibly early copy of the script. That's beside the point, what kind of fan would I be if I was reading something that wasn’t supposed to be released, and could potentially tell me everything in the film. The point of going to see Eclipse is to see how true it is to the book. Now, if you read the scrip before seeing the film, then it's not nearly going to be as exciting.

I don't want to look at private material that is Summit's property. I mean, they are creating the films for us; the fans! I don't want to anger Summit because they have been pretty nice to us, like when the ComicCon videos were leaked when everyone there was specifically warned numerous times not to record them, but Summit just let it go, and let all of the fans who couldn’t be at ComicCon enjoy them from YouTube. I don't want to do anything to Summit that would possibly make them not do anything like that in the future. Being respectful of Summit may make them feel more generous towards the fans, and give us extra bonus and information, which is much more exciting and enthralling that reading an unauthorised version of the script.

There have been some articles claiming that Jackson Rathbone is in a lot of trouble from Summit for leaking the script, as his name is watermarked across the pages. However, chances are Jackson Rathbone didn’t do it! He is a professional actor, and such a nice guy. I can't see him doing anything like that to Summit. Jackson must have had the scrip on his computer, or stupidly left it lying around, and someone got their hands on it, and then leaked it. Jackson wouldn’t endanger his job by doing something like this. It just seems very out of character, because he is such a cool guy. So, don't blame Jackson. I bet what happened is that somebody hacked his computer, then sent it out via Twitter. That is the most realistic situation that I can conjure. Don’t blame him, it’s not Jackson fault!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home