The Twilight Impulse

My thoughts and impressions of the Twilight Saga, written by the fabulous Stephenie Meyer

Name:

Hey, I'm a massive Twilight Fan, and thanks to my friends being fed up with having to listern to my non-stop chattering about Twilight, i decided to create a blog for myself to just vent and document my twilight obsession!! I'm current studying journalism and have aspiration to become one, so why not write about something as awesome as the Twilight Saga!!

Friday, December 4, 2009

Critics and New Moon

New Moon is getting pretty bad reviews from the critics. They just don't like the film, and I think that they are somewhat influenced by how bad the first one was. I mean, they would probably be thinking, well Twilight was awful so Twilight 2 isn't going to be any better. Anyway, regardless of what they say, New Moon is a HUGE success.

New Moon wasn't made for critics and to get good reviews. No, New Moon was made for the FANS of the books! Some old guy who has been reviewing films for 20 years isn’t going to like it or going to stop the fans from enjoying it, because personally, I loved it. It was amazing compared to Twilight. Everything that was criticised in Twilight was addressed in New Moon. The music, the make-up, the hair, the costumes, the screenplay, the acting, literally EVERYTHING was improved. As a fan, that's all I can ask for; that they keep improving the series, and learning from the mistakes they made in previous films like the actors heavy breathing, and the blue tint which was present in Twilight.

If you don't like the books, then you are probably not going to like the films. The critics tend to go a little too in-depth like "Are Edward and Jacob metaphors for sexuality?" and garbage like that. Umm, no they're not. Stephanie Meyer said herself that when she was writing the books, she didn’t have a moral or point to the stories like some books do. She wrote them for herself and to be enjoyed for entertainment purposes; in turn they are internationally loved by billions of fans worldwide.

Some other critics are saying that Stephanie’s depiction of Bella and Edward's relationship is toxic, and unhealthy. Well, realistically that would be true. However, this is a FICTION FANTASY series, and isn't supposed to be taken literally. The books are targeted a teens. They are grown up enough to distinguish between fantasy and reality. Bella and Edward's relationship wasn't supposed to be viewed as toxic, it was supposed to be romantic, as Twilight is a romance novel!! Jeez people, fictional characters, especially vampires and werewolves aren’t real, and I’m positive that EVERYONE knows that. It's just cool to be taken out of reality and given this supernatural love story which every girl fantasises about.

Anyway, I don't give a shit what the critics say. I thought New Moon was an excellent representation of the novel. Twilight wasn't aimed at being an Oscar nominated movie with Critics raving about it; it was made specifically for the fans who supported Twilight. All of my Twilight loving friends loved it too. So, critics can just shove it, because whether the like New Moon or not, it is going to be a massive success. I don't give a shit what they say because it isn’t going to detract from my viewing experience of one of my favourite novels. Chris Weitz, I think you did an amazing job!! Can't wait to see what you do with “The Gardener”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home