The Twilight Impulse

My thoughts and impressions of the Twilight Saga, written by the fabulous Stephenie Meyer

Name:

Hey, I'm a massive Twilight Fan, and thanks to my friends being fed up with having to listern to my non-stop chattering about Twilight, i decided to create a blog for myself to just vent and document my twilight obsession!! I'm current studying journalism and have aspiration to become one, so why not write about something as awesome as the Twilight Saga!!

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Taylor's in Valentine's Day

When the first “Valentine's Day” trailer was released, I was positive that Taylor Lautner and Taylor Swift only had really minor roles. “Valentine's Day” is essentially about intertwining stories of couples around Valentine's Day, and with such a huge star cast, I figured that both Taylor's had tiny roles. Also, Garry Marshall only filmed a short time with them and that they weren't even in the first trailer, or even in the end credits with the big named stars like Jessica Alba, Julia Roberts, Bradley Cooper, Jamie Foxx, Anne Hathaway etc.

Now, I’m pretty sure that Garry Marshall has made both Taylor's parts bigger. Recently, they were shooting more scenes with them, so either it's going to be in the movie or on the DVD, at least. Now, the second trailer has been released, Taylor Lautner and Taylor Swift are both shown a couple of times. And, in the poster, their faces are right in the centre and their names are in the credits along with the other big stars now, when they weren’t there before.

I'm convinced that due to Taylor Lautner's popularity from New Moon, they figured if he had a bigger role, lots more girls would be inclined to see the film, though they were probably going to go anyway. I'm sure the producers on Valentine's Day saw Taylor in New Moon, and when they checked out that he could actually act really well, they wanted him to do more scenes with Swift, rather than just initially having him because he would be very popular.

Plus, Taylor Swift has had a very big year. She has been winning so many awards, and getting so much recognition, making her part bigger along with Taylor Lautner, would be better for the picture, because so many people like her. I'm not sure how well Taylor Swift can act, but judging from her music videos, she isn’t horrible, so I guess I will just have to check out the film to see. Taylor Swift did an episode CSI, so maybe she has some promise as an actor. However, really hope she does well, though I don't usually like franchise people who are actors/singers/designers/ who release their on fragrance and lots of rubbish crap like pencil cases. They just look like sell-outs, but I don’t think Taylor Swift is.

I really think this is just a PR stunt to get more people to see the film. I mean, if you aren't a fan of Twilight, or a massive Taylor Swift fan, you probably wouldn’t know they were even in the film, because they weren’t in the first trailer or even the end credits of that trailer. It's smart to feature them more prominently in the second trailer, and putting both of their faces front and centre in the poster, and now being listed in the credits when they weren’t before, because they are so popular. Also, with suspicion about their relationship, it will be interesting to see how much on screen chemistry they have.

PS. I really love the poster. It's so HOT!! As you can probably tell, there is a Twilight News drought!! :( Plus, i love how it's being released 1 day after Taylor's 18th birthday. Haha, now all of the Twilight moms can perve on Taylor without him being illegal!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home