The Twilight Impulse

My thoughts and impressions of the Twilight Saga, written by the fabulous Stephenie Meyer

Name:

Hey, I'm a massive Twilight Fan, and thanks to my friends being fed up with having to listern to my non-stop chattering about Twilight, i decided to create a blog for myself to just vent and document my twilight obsession!! I'm current studying journalism and have aspiration to become one, so why not write about something as awesome as the Twilight Saga!!

Sunday, October 11, 2009

If Kristen wasn't Bella ...??

I was looking through some old posts on some fan sites, when i came across if Kristen wasn't Bella, Emily Browning would be PERFECT!! Oh my gosh, she would be spot on Bella. I mean, Kristen is OK. She kinda looks a bit like Bella, however Emily looks more like Bella than Kristen does. Kristen's acting in my only issue. It always seems kinda flat, and like she plays the same character in every film, just with different costumes, different name and different situation. She doesn't change her tone of voice, her expressions, her mannerisms. It stays the same. I thought her acting was just bad in Twilight, so i went to see Adventrueland. It was like Bella all over again. I don't think that she is a good actor. I'm not saying that because I'm jealous. Nobody can ever have Edward Cullen or Jacob Black, as they don't exist, so i don't not like her because of jealously, she just can't act well. Plus, in the books when Bella's mad, she is really mad and when she is happy, she is really happy. Kristen can't do happy or mad very well. She isn't a bubbly person, and when Bella's happy in the film, it didn't seem like it was genuine or real. Kinda of like just bad acting. Kristen has said herself that she has never been to acting school, and it shows. Some actresses are just naturals and have it, so they don't need to go. She does. Emily Browning however, she is a great actress. She has that Bella look; she can be made to look really plane, or they could make her look like a super hot model. Plus, she has got killer lips, which Bella is supposed to have big lips. Her pale skin is the same colour as Bella's is supposed to be, and her hair is that brown wavy colour that Bella was supposed to have. I love Emily so much, plus she grew up in Melbourne, Australia, which is where I'm from. Just looking at her, everything screams Bella, over and over. I'm really disappointed that she had just finished a movie called The Uninvited, and she was too tired and over worked to audition for another job. Which is really sad because she eventually did read the books, and really identified with Bella. I don't have any problems with Kristen as a person, though it would be nice is she wasn't high all of the time so that she can't even stay on one train of thought for a minute and always look doped out. But apart from that and her acting, I'm sure she is a nice person. However, i just think that Emily's acting ability, physicality and just she would have been an overall better package for Bella. Plus, she was the actress that Stephenie Meyer wanted to play Bella. She would have truly been amazing. Oh well, cant do anything about it now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home