The Twilight Impulse

My thoughts and impressions of the Twilight Saga, written by the fabulous Stephenie Meyer

Name:

Hey, I'm a massive Twilight Fan, and thanks to my friends being fed up with having to listern to my non-stop chattering about Twilight, i decided to create a blog for myself to just vent and document my twilight obsession!! I'm current studying journalism and have aspiration to become one, so why not write about something as awesome as the Twilight Saga!!

Monday, October 12, 2009

Alexandre Desplat...

Just listened to "The Meadow," which was composed by Alexandre Desplat!! Oh my f-ing god, I LOVE HIM!!! It's just a piano with a beautiful melody and gorgeous chords. SOOOOOOO much better than Cater Burwell, sorry. It changes of tone a few times, sometimes is sad, then heart-breakingly beautiful, then depressing and then uplifting. I think that it is trying to capture Bella's mixed emotions through-out New Moon. I'm just trying to place where in the film this will be used. Hmmm, i don't have my book on me at the moment, my friend has had it for the past 2 month. Been begging her to read New Moon forever, and it's taking agesss. So, i just have to go by memory. Obviously, this takes place in the meadow, hence it's called "The Meadow." However, i don't think there are any scenes in the meadow in New Moon, apart from where Bella is hiking by herself because Jacob is avoiding her, when she finds the meadow, and has a deadly encounter with Laurent. That's the only part in New Moon, where i can place it. It wasn't the break-up scene, as that was just in the forest, and the only time other time in the Meadow is in Eclipse, at the very end where Bella is going to marry Edward. Though, it could make sense, if Bella walks into the meadow, and sees Edward. In the music video for Death Cab for Cutie's song, "Meet me on the Equinox," there is footage of Bella in the meadow having a vision of Edward. That would also explain the constantly changing tones of the composition. She is happy about seeing Edward, but still upset that he isn't with her in reality. This must happen before Laurent finds her, because i doubt that they would use such beautiful music for a fight scene. I LOVE THIS SONG!! This is what the lullaby should have sounded like. Oh well, i LOVE Alexandre Desplat!! Thank-you so much Chris Weitz for choosing him. I know they're friends as they have done many films together before, but thanks anyways. I just can't wait to hear more of his music put together with New Moon!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home