The Twilight Impulse

My thoughts and impressions of the Twilight Saga, written by the fabulous Stephenie Meyer

Name:

Hey, I'm a massive Twilight Fan, and thanks to my friends being fed up with having to listern to my non-stop chattering about Twilight, i decided to create a blog for myself to just vent and document my twilight obsession!! I'm current studying journalism and have aspiration to become one, so why not write about something as awesome as the Twilight Saga!!

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Oscars

I'm devastated that Anna Kendrick didn’t win an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress because she was amazing in Up in the Air, which coincidentally is my favourite film. I suppose it will do wonders for her career just to be nominated, but I would have LOVED to see her win. Oh well, she is so amazing. I wouldn’t be surprised if she was back next year. Anna's dress was SO beautiful!! It was gorgeous! Whoever her stylist is, they did a good job. Anna had also said the dress she wore was a back up from the blue one she was supposed to be wearing. Anyway, it was a stunning dress. Kristen and Taylor were also there to present an Oscar. Which, I’m suspecting that they were only invited so that the entire Twilight fandom would tune it to watch the Oscars. Apparently last year, their ratings weren’t that good, so they invited all of these young Hollywood stars to come (some of them aren’t even good actors/actresses). I mean, they invited Miley Cyrus, Zac Efron, Vanessa Hudgens, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner. Disney stars at the Oscars?? It sort of just brought down the evening. I mean, the Oscars are supposed to be for amazingly talented actresses, actors, directors, cinematographers etc to show gratitude for their skills and their contribution to film. However, I doubt if Miley Cyrus is going to be nominated for an Oscar ever!! Nothing against her personally, but she can’t act. I feel that they were only invited so that younger viewers will tune in to watch. Other than that, I was pretty happy with them, apart from Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin's bad attempts at humour. So not funny guys!! Anyway, Kristen looked ok, and as always, Taylor looked dashing in his D&G suit. Hope Anna gets nominated or wins something next year. I’m sure she will because she is SO brilliant and is now being recognised for her talent. Go Anna!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home