The Twilight Impulse

My thoughts and impressions of the Twilight Saga, written by the fabulous Stephenie Meyer

Name:

Hey, I'm a massive Twilight Fan, and thanks to my friends being fed up with having to listern to my non-stop chattering about Twilight, i decided to create a blog for myself to just vent and document my twilight obsession!! I'm current studying journalism and have aspiration to become one, so why not write about something as awesome as the Twilight Saga!!

Friday, March 5, 2010

Eclipse Editor Switched...

I have been dying without the internet for the last week or so. I just moved into University and they haven’t set up the internet for students, so everyone has been going mental. However, I finally got it working late last night and was catching up on all of the news I missed. This is probably one of the biggest stories. Eclipse's editor (Art Jones) has been fired and replaced with the editor from Twilight, Nancy Richardson.

This is shocking because there was no reason to switch them. Summit must have been unhappy with the work he was doing and felt they had no other option than to replace him. I think that is horrible for Art, however if he was a bad editor, then I’m glad they did replace him as awful as that sounds. Eclipse would suffer so much if there wasn’t a top notch and talented editor working as hard as they can to get Eclipse ready by the release date which is pretty soon. The rate the films are being release may have been a contributing factor to Art Jones being replaced. Although I didn’t dig Twilight as much as New Moon, I hope that Nancy is a good editor and that Twilight just didn’t show her skills.

As much as I don’t care about the editors really, this is huge because it makes a direct impact on the films. I mean, I didn’t know anything about Peter lambert until I discovered that he and Chris Weitz are doing the New Moon commentary together. Although, this is just a little worrying because the edit mustn’t be going as smoothly as Summit has initially planned. And if things aren’t going the way they were planned, that is bad news for every fan of the saga. I just hope they have it up to scratch for the release; otherwise the fans will be furious.

David Slade has been known to do very dark films, so perhaps Art and David made Eclipse with too much of a focus on the action and didn't nail the romance aspect of the film. The Twilight Saga is a romance, so if they missed the central conflict and the love triangle and just shoved it with action to try and bring in a male audience, I'm worried. That and also Nancy Richardson just recently finished editing The Last Song with Miley Cyrus. Ew, i can't stand her. Nancy appears to do romantic stories such as Twilight and Nicolas' Sparks screenplay, The Last Song. I don't know any of her other work, apart from Thirteen.

So perhaps her input will help put more of the love story back into a dark film that David has made. I really hope both of them balance each other out and make it great but I'm not a fan of Nancy. Twilight wasn't the greatest film, and I thought that Peter Lambert did an amazing job with New Moon. I just hope it doesn't show Nacy's flaws against a great editor like Peter. I'm a little worried now, because none of the fans had any idea that there were issues with the film. I am just crossing my fingers and hoping for the best because it doesn't look good at the moment.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home