The Twilight Impulse

My thoughts and impressions of the Twilight Saga, written by the fabulous Stephenie Meyer

Name:

Hey, I'm a massive Twilight Fan, and thanks to my friends being fed up with having to listern to my non-stop chattering about Twilight, i decided to create a blog for myself to just vent and document my twilight obsession!! I'm current studying journalism and have aspiration to become one, so why not write about something as awesome as the Twilight Saga!!

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Twilight Internationally.. SUCKS!!!! :(



In America, you get basically everything when it has been advertised as!! In England, Australia, New Zealand and other countries, everything is delayed. It sucks so bad!!! Personally, I'm from Australia, and i hear about news updates when i wake up in the morning. It sucks, because while everyone in America is awake and posting things during the day, and its night time in Australia and we don't get anything until like 24 hours after its released.

It's not only news updates and cast sightings around Vancouver and everything, its the movie releases,merchandise and the release of the books too. I was waiting forever for Breaking Dawn to be released. I couldn't go on the Internet because everyone in America had already read it and were posting about it, spoilers too. I got so fed up that i actually bought it online and had it shipped from America, just so i could read it.

Twilight the movie was released in America, as everyone is aware of, on the 21st of November 2008. Same deal, could go onto any gossip sites or fan sites because everyone had been to midnight showings of it, and were posting their reviews, what they liked and disliked. In, Australia, Twilight was released on the 11st of December!!1 It was hell, waiting around for it when everyone else had already seen it.

I was almost considering using some of the money i saved for my holiday, flying into LA, getting a hotel, watching Twilight, then flying home the next day, with all of my Twilight obsessed besties. I didn't end up doing that, because i reasoned with myself that it was just a movie, i already knew the plot and that it was ridiculous to fly to another country because i couldn't wait like 2 and a half weeks.

What Summit should really do, is have all of the releases worldwide on the same day, so that people in other countries, who are just as obsessed with Twilight as the people in America, can see it at the same time. I really feel for the fans who live in Germany, as the New Moon release date is the 6th of January 2010!!! Wow, they will be waiting around to see it, while the rest of the world has seen it months ago!! Its totally unfair!

However, the release date in Australia is 19th of November, so I'm not upset about having to wait ages to just see the movie!! I can empathise with other countries that arn't fortunate enough to see the movie the same time as everyone else. And anyway, whoever sets these release dates, why do you have to have them all so different?? cant you just have 1 release date worldwide, so that all the different countries have some equality!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home