The Twilight Impulse

My thoughts and impressions of the Twilight Saga, written by the fabulous Stephenie Meyer

Name:

Hey, I'm a massive Twilight Fan, and thanks to my friends being fed up with having to listern to my non-stop chattering about Twilight, i decided to create a blog for myself to just vent and document my twilight obsession!! I'm current studying journalism and have aspiration to become one, so why not write about something as awesome as the Twilight Saga!!

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Quotes from the book!! THANK YOU WEITZ!


The New Moon official website, newmoonthemovie, was released last week or so. It was really cool, with pictures, videos, and all of this awesome stuff. However, the thing that caught my attention was the interactive maps of La Push and The Cullen's house.

In these interactive maps, there are the character present in their respective home. So, Jacob was in La Push while Edward was at the Cullen house; Bella was in both! Now once you click on the characters it comes up with a bio of that character. It just things like Name, when and where they were born, date of transformation, etc. And most excitingly there were quotes under each of the characters, that are going to say in the film.

Here they are :

Dr. Carlisle Cullen - "Imagine the situation in reverse. If you believed you would be destroying Edward's soul ... would you do it?"

Bella - "It never made sense for you to love me. I always knew that."

Alice - "How strongly are you opposed to grand theft auto?"

Jasper - "It'll be a relief not to want to kill you."

Esme - "I already think of you as part of the family."

Rosalie - "I wish there had been someone there to vote no for me."

Emmett - "The hell you will. I'm not missing another fight."

Edward - "What choice have I?" I cannot be without you, but I will not destroy your soul."

Jacob - "I'm so sorry that I can't be the right kind of monster for you, Bella."

Embry - "Well, the wolf's out of the bag now."

Sam - "Jake's right. You are good with weird."

Paul - "I'm sure the leech-lover is just dying to help us out!"

Jared - "The chick runs with vampires."


Personally, i love them. Ill go though one by one so i can document my thoughts before the film is released. Carlisle's is perfect because he actually says that in the book. I'm sure its in the chapter "stitches", where Carlisle is sewing Bella up and explaining why Edward has such an issue turning her, because of his beliefs. Love it. Alice, OMG, I'm sooo glad this is in the movie. That was up the top of my absolutely HAS to be in the film list. It's gonna be sooo perfect, totally Alice.

Jasper's line wasn't in the book, but then again, he doesn't really say anything, apart from happy birthday and "yes" at the end during the vote scene. So, I'm glad they wrote in some more lines for him to say, because he had probably 3 lines max in Twilight. And also, this sounds like something he would say, because he has a harder time with self control. Esme's line, i can see her actually saying that! Because Esme just love everyone, i mean, its her gift; to love passionately. Plus, she does think of Bella as part of the family, due to the fact that she is with Edward. Love it.

Rosalie line is amazing, because they captured one of her main issues with Bella; she's jealous because she is human and Rosalie wants to be. In the book, she say no as well, because she wishes that someone had been there to make the decision for her. They pulled that straight out of the book, perfectly. Emmett, this just sums up his character perfectly, he is always ready for a fight. He loves competition, he is physically built for it, and he is just so big-brotherly, and muck's around all the time. Nothing ever bothers him. They got that down pat.

Now, Edward. They pulled that line straight from the book as well. It's when he is in Bella's room and he is trying to convince her that he will be with her forever, but he wont turn her because her soul is too important, he refuses destroy it. OMG!! I'm gonna be crying so hard during this movie. Enough said, amazing. Jacob's quote was taken from the books as well. Its from the scene where Bella meets Jacob on the beach to tell him she knows what he is and to convince him not to kill innocent people in the woods. Jacob gets mad because he thinks she is a hypocrite, because she loves Edward when Jake considers him a monster, but she doesn't like the type of monster that Jake is. I'm so excited for that scene, its gonna rip my heart out.

Embry's quote is from the book as well. It's from the scene where Paul loses his temper at Jake because Bella knows about them, Jake phases to protect her etc. Everyone knows what scene that is, and Embry says that while picking up Sam's clothing. Sam's quote isn't from the book, but they had to make some up for him, because he doesn't really say much in New Moon. It's still cool though, because Jake says that she is good with weird, so it fits. Paul's "leech-lover" quote is from the book as well. Cant really say much besides from "perfect". It shows Paul's short fuse and that he is angry towards Jake about having Bella know the truth. Jared's quote is almost the one from the book, its very similar, but not exactly the same. Still, its great!!

I cant really say anything else, because majority of the quotes were taken straight from the book, which i really appreciate, because the quotes in Twilight were bad. I mean "You can google it" from Edward. Umm no, Edward lived in the turn on the century, and even though he probably has the Internet and knows what google is, he would never say that.It's totally out of character because Bella always said how Edward spoke like he was from a different time. And what about "You better hold on tight Spider-monkey!", what the hell?? I hated that, it was so cheesy. However, the quotes for New Moon have basically all been taken from the book, this is also evident in those two scene shown at ComicCon. Those two scenes all had quotes straight from the book. Like, basically everything they said.

Lets just hope the whole film is like that. I'm positive it will be. YAY!!! Chris Weitz is AMAZING. I'm officially staring a "Team Weitz".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home