The Twilight Impulse

My thoughts and impressions of the Twilight Saga, written by the fabulous Stephenie Meyer

Name:

Hey, I'm a massive Twilight Fan, and thanks to my friends being fed up with having to listern to my non-stop chattering about Twilight, i decided to create a blog for myself to just vent and document my twilight obsession!! I'm current studying journalism and have aspiration to become one, so why not write about something as awesome as the Twilight Saga!!

Friday, March 12, 2010

ECLIPSE TEASER TRAILER!!!

I finally got to watch the Eclipse teaser trailer last night, well it was really this morning, but same thing. Except it was about 45 minutes late because of some technical difficulties, which was VERY frustrating because everyone had seen it, and I was still trying to load the video. Anyway, I eventually got it loaded and obviously watched it. I thought that it was good, but I had expected better. The New Moon teaser trailer blew me away with the werewolf transformation. I was in such shock after seeing that, but the Eclipse teaser was just ok. It didn’t have that massive climatic build that the New Moon teaser did.

Anyway, I think it could possibly have to do with the editor being switched. Art Jones probably already had this teaser done, and Summit wasn’t happy with his work, so they replaced him with Nancy. I’m just speculating here that Summit didn’t have enough time to make a new teaser trailer because they had already announced that the Eclipse trailer was going to be in front of Remember Me, and couldn’t back out. So, they just played what they had. I’m positive that the first trailer is going to be a lot better than this. I’m not saying I didn’t like it, because I did, but I just expected more.

I LOVE that there isn’t a coloured filter over this film and that it’s very clear and clean. Although I LOVED the golden tone of New Moon, I like this one too. Sadly, the only colour filter I hated was that blue over Twilight. That was just shockingly awful. Also, in conjunction with that, the cinematography is beautiful. Just the shots, the composition, the lighting, it’s really stunning visually. Plus, the loved that the opening shot of Summits logo, the theme was changed to fit Eclipse. Usually, Summits logo is blue mountains, however for Eclipse they changed it so that it’s grey, black with a little tinge of red. Awesome! Very dangerous...sort of like its foreshadowing the violence and danger that Victoria, Riley and the Newborns are going to show during that fight scene.

There were quite a few quotes from the book, which I was happy about. They may not be direct quotes, but they are very close or just have been paraphrased a little bit. Although, some of the lines that Rob, Kristen and Taylor are delivering are pretty dead pan. Which doesn’t surprise me with Kristen and Rob, because that’s how they act. However, Jacob is supposed to be very cocky, confident and arrogant however, here he seems very emotional, gentle and extremely vulnerable. Jacob was hardly gentle in Eclipse. In New Moon he was, but not so much in Eclipse. I don’t really want to judge too much because these clips are just snippets of film, and I could totally be taking the tone out of context. But that’s just what I got from reading the book and Summit tend to stick pretty close. Otherwise if they don’t, they know they will have a million Twilight fans go ape shit on their assess.

OK, Bryce Dallas Howard. Ummm, I miss Rachelle SO much!! I’m not a big fan of Bryce like I am with the other cast such as Alex Meraz, Anna Kendrick, Michael Welch, Peter Facinelli, Kellan Lutz etc. Perhaps it’s just because I’m used to Rachelle being Victoria and not Bryce. Rachelle really loved the saga BEFORE it was famous or big. Plus she has just a beautiful personality, and a lovely caring heart. Nobody has gotten anything from Bryce Dallas Howard. Anyway, I haven’t looked on Bryce that kindly since she turned down Twilight because it wasn’t big enough. Now that it’s a big thing, she is “honoured” to play Victoria. I don’t like that kind of attitude. Only choosing roles based on popularity. That’s ridiculous. It seems she is only doing Eclipse because Twilight is popular now, resulting in lots of media exposure and recognition. I don’t like her essentially using Twilight as a means to further her career. Twilight is SO much more than just some stupid popular trend that everyone wants to jump n the bandwagon. I find that kind of behaviour disrespectful to the saga.

From what I can see from this trailer the sets are gorgeous and the costumes look pretty good as well. However, the same can’t be said about the make-up. Who was their make-up artist? Seriously! Robert, Dakota and Bryce Dallas Howards’ make-up is awful. It looks uneven, blotchy, and just really really unnatural. In New Moon they did a really good job, but now it’s like they have reverted back to that hideous make-up that Catherine Hardwicke was using. I feel really bad for actors, because they are immortal on film, and that image of them looking like that is going to remain around for a long, long time. Plus, the red lipstick? Seriously, Edward kind of looks like a clown. Although, Bella’s and Charlie’s make-up looks great. Perhaps they just went a little overboard with the pale white make-up for the vampires.

I have to add that I was a little concerned about Bella’s wig, because some pictures that fans took while Kristen was just sitting around waiting to shoot, looked horrible. However, I think I really like the wig. It didn’t stick out as bad or fake or anything of the such, so I like it. I can’t say the same for Bryce Dallas Howard’s wig though. I think that looks so bad!! Just fake, and unnatural and kind of looks like Barbie doll hair, which it probably is. Oh well, you can’t win them all. Of course it’s going to look different, because Rachelle’s hair was real, whereas Byrce’s isn’t. I really hope that it doesn’t distract me from the film when Eclipse comes out.

I was a little disappointed that the Eclipse teaser trailer was anti-climatic. I mean, with New Moon everything just keeps building up; the camera shots get faster, the music gets more dramatic, and then boom, total climax was when Jake phases. With Eclipse, there is nothing like that. It’s just a series of clips one after the other. Although, there is dramatic music, to an extent, it just wasn’t the suspenseful, exciting, on the edge of your seat type of teaser. That’s ok; there is nothing wrong with that. I’m just saying that it wasn’t as exciting as the New Moon teaser trailer. What I’m trying to say was that it was a little bit slow.

Now, Edward’s hair is like a dark brown. Umm, wardrobe, Make-up and Hair, Edwards hair is GOLDEN BRONZE. How hard is it to go down to Safeway and buy 20 dollar hair dye? Not hard. They didn’t put much effort in. I was happy with Rob’s hair that goldenly/brown colour in New Moon. However, this hair colour is just like Rob’s natural hair and they couldn’t be bothered doing it. Perhaps they didn’t think anyone would notice. Umm, if they didn’t know by now, Twilight analyses the hell out of everything, and notice EVERY single little detail, no matter how insignificant it is.

Overall, it’s a good look into Eclipse. I didn’t see some of the scenes I thought they were going to put in there, but it’s just a teaser. I suppose they wanted to keep some of the more popular or better scenes for later trailers closer to when the film comes out to get everyone hyped up and excited. Kristen looked really pretty in the trailer, so why can’t she do that everyday, without the stoned or hung-over look. Oh and I got to add in, how great is Billy Burke. He is in the trailer for like 2 seconds, and he is just great. Billy’s just a great actor, plus he is super hot. Now, I wonder when the trailer is going to be out. Probably not for months now, I’m guessing early or mid May? Oh, well. They need to start releasing promotional pictures soon and some stills. Please Summit??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home