The Twilight Impulse

My thoughts and impressions of the Twilight Saga, written by the fabulous Stephenie Meyer

Name:

Hey, I'm a massive Twilight Fan, and thanks to my friends being fed up with having to listern to my non-stop chattering about Twilight, i decided to create a blog for myself to just vent and document my twilight obsession!! I'm current studying journalism and have aspiration to become one, so why not write about something as awesome as the Twilight Saga!!

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

"Up in the Air" has 6 Oscar Noms!! WOOHOO!!!

YES!!! I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!! Hah, in my mums face!!! She thought that "Up in the Air" was just "another movie" in her words and had compared it to the "The Bucket List" which is shit. Even Rotten Tomatoes agrees, it gave "The Bucket List" a rating of 42% where as "Up in the Air" got a rating of 90%! Take that!! There is NO comparison between those two movies!!! My mum just doesn’t know how to analyse a film, or know a good one when she sees it. Now I predicted this when I saw "Up in the Air" back in January, when it came had just come out. I knew there was Oscar buzz before I saw it, which was one of the reason why I wanted to see it, and also because the fabulous Anna Kendrick was in it!

Up in the Air has been nominated for:

*Actor in a Leading Role - George Clooney for "Up in the Air"
*Actress in a Supporting Role - Vera Farmiga for "Up in the Air"
*Actress in a Supporting Role - Anna Kendrick for "Up in the Air"
*Directing - Jason Reitman for "Up in the Air"
*Best Picture - "Up in the Air"
*Writing (adapted Screenplay) - "Up in the Air"

I'd be happy is "Up in the Air" won any of them, but considering Avatar is nominated for almost everything, it may be hard. Although, I saw the box-office blockbuster Avatar, it was amazing although I did have a lot of criticisms. However, for "Up in the Air" which I just reread my review just then, and I can remember perfectly that I walked out of the cinema and had nothing negative to say about any of it!! I couldn’t find one flaw in it! Considering no one I know has seen "Up in the Air" as it wasn’t a big blockbuster movie like Avatar was, I really hope it gets some recognition for the brilliant movie it is, and not just be cast aside for popular movies like Avatar.

As much as I love Avatar, I wasn’t really feeling the story line that much, it was basically just like Pocahontas which is a Disney film, it was WAYYY too long, I thought that it was NEVER going to end, and sometimes I though the movie was "telling" things to the audience rather than showing them, which is never good. I'm not saying I hated it, because I really didn’t, I love it. James Cameron knows how to evoke emotion out of the audience really well with characters, but I did have some issues with it, and I hope it doesn’t overshadow films, just based on popularity.

Oh well, it's the Oscars, so you would hope that all of the amazing films are given the awards and not just based on popularity like the MTV Movie Awards! So, I’m whole heartedly rooting for "Up in the Air" because it has become one of my favourite films, kicking of Brokeback Mountain, Titanic, and Casablanca. I hope they at least get one, but also since "Precious" is up for many of the awards that "Up in the Air" is, I’m sure that it's going to sweep the awards like "Avatar" will. Let’s just hope not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home