The Twilight Impulse

My thoughts and impressions of the Twilight Saga, written by the fabulous Stephenie Meyer

Name:

Hey, I'm a massive Twilight Fan, and thanks to my friends being fed up with having to listern to my non-stop chattering about Twilight, i decided to create a blog for myself to just vent and document my twilight obsession!! I'm current studying journalism and have aspiration to become one, so why not write about something as awesome as the Twilight Saga!!

Sunday, April 25, 2010

THE ECLIPSE FINAL TRAILER

OMG!!!!! This trailer is SO FREAKING AMAZING!!!!!!! Eclipse is going to be the most bad-ass movie and I seriously mean that. Twilight was meh, New Moon was so beautiful, but Eclipse is going to blow them out of the water. It sucks that this is the final trailer, and it's still April. I mean, Eclipse comes out at the end of June, so that over 2 months with no other footage. Summit is probably doing this on purpose because I know that some annoying people were whingeing that they had seen too much footage. Well, if you don't want to see lots of spoilers, then DONT watch the extra and trailers. Dur...

Anyway, firstly the Newborns! Wow, I'm super excited for all of that footage that wasn’t in the book. Initially, I didn’t want any of that stuff in and I hoped that they would cut most of it out, but now I’m very excited for it. I know that the opening sequence for Eclipse is Riley being turned into a vampire by Victoria in Seattle, which looks amazing. I'm super excited to see that in the film. They can't cut it because it’s the opening sequence and the rest of the film won't make sense without it. I like that there is a shot of the Newborns fighting amongst each other, because that's mentioned in the books of why the numbers keep changing. There's also a shot of the Newborns coming out of the water, which totally reminds me of that scene in POTC when the pirates were in the water. I don't know why but that's what it reminds me of. I really appreciate David Slade constantly having the Newborns in deserted random places, Alleys, logging places, the woods, barns etc. Although, we didn’t see any Bree Tanner at all. I can't wait to read her book :)

The Volturi are here, again!! I'm so happy because I think they Volturi were one of the best parts of New Moon. Especially, Dakota Fanning and Michael Sheen, because their acting was just amazing. However, we only get to see Demitri, Felix, Jane and Alec, but it's better than nothing. The first shot is just them standing there in some concrete place that looks like Seattle, which makes total sense. Carlisle suspects that the Volturi knew about the Newborns, but didn’t do anything about it because they wanted to make Carlisles’ coven smaller. So, I’d be glad if that's what they were doing. Of course there is a shot of the Volturi in the meadow just after the battle where Jane orders Bree to the killed. I LOVE that they are wearing their cloaks that they were supposed to be wearing. Also, I’m impressed that David Slade has Jane and Alec in dark black whereas Felix and Demetri are in a dark grey! That was like it in the book, a visual colour coded hierarchy of dominance within the Volturi. Awesome :)

The Wolfs are looking awesome again. I think that they looked better in the New Moon movie, but I’m sure that Tippett Studios are still working with the wolves, and that they are going to get a lot better before Eclipse is actually released. But, apart from that, I'm happy with the wolves. However, now there are eight wolves; Sam, Jared, Paul, Embry, Jacob, Quil, Seth, and Leah. I'm so glad that they have the number of wolves correct! It would be awful if they were all together, and Seth was missing. That would make me so mad. But, good work. I'm also loving how vicious the wolves look when they are attacking Victorias' Newborn vampires. They look really scary when they are pouncing on the vampires with their claws out, and them arching their mouths to bite them to pieces. There is a wolf in the background when Victoria is in the tree, and it falls to the ground when Edward breaks it; that's supposed to be Seth. I was a little disappointed that Seth isn’t a sandy colour like he was in the books. It just makes him look a little bit more distinctive, but other than that, I'm very happy with them.

The cinematography is beautiful of course. I think that David Slade's niche is mis-en-scene. If you follow David on twitter, you can tell from his photography that he is very artistic and his pictures are just gorgeous with the tone, the lighting, the composition, everything about it is stunning. Just from some of the shots in the teaser trailer, you could tell how talented David Slade is. I'm really excited to see what he does visually with all of the fight scenes. David is known for doing dark films, and I hope that he makes Eclipse very dark. However, the Twilight Saga is very character oriented. Many of the conflicts happen through character emotions, and there will be a lot of conversations and dialogue. So, for the majority of Eclipse, he won't get to display his skills, but the fight scene at the end is going to be epic. Everyone has been hyping up the end battle scene with the Newborns so much. I hope I'm not disappointed because everyone has been saying it's so good. From the clips from the trailer, I would say that is looks amazing!

I just can't say enough that I'm so excited for this film. It looks amazing, Eclipse is my favourite book and David Slade appears to have produced a beautiful film. I can't wait to see it. I hope we get more the making of footage or tons of pictures and interviews because this is the last trailer. I feel like I have seen literally nothing of Eclipse, which sucks. I need information and pictures, video, interviews, and details about Eclipse. Knowing that there aren’t anymore trailers, I'm still hoping for some stills and promotional pictures. This trailer was everything I wanted, and that was lacking from the teaser. Amazing, David!! Let's just hope you live up to the great work of Chris Weitz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home