The Twilight Impulse

My thoughts and impressions of the Twilight Saga, written by the fabulous Stephenie Meyer

Name:

Hey, I'm a massive Twilight Fan, and thanks to my friends being fed up with having to listern to my non-stop chattering about Twilight, i decided to create a blog for myself to just vent and document my twilight obsession!! I'm current studying journalism and have aspiration to become one, so why not write about something as awesome as the Twilight Saga!!

Monday, March 15, 2010

Eclipse Sneak Peek

I got up the other day not expecting anything at all to be released from Summit because we had just seen the Eclipse teaser trailer, but boy was I wrong. I figured considering that we just got the Eclipse teaser trailer, Summit would probably release the next set of footage closer to the release date. However, I was surprised to find that a "Behind The Scenes" for Eclipse was online.

Man, it was SO amazing!!! It was EVERYTHING that I wished the teaser trailer had been. Perhaps that’s why the released it. I know that Summit do communicate with the Twilight fan sites and that they read the fan reactions to the things they release and statements they make. Chris Weitz and Peter Lambert (the editor) were watching the fan reaction videos to the New Moon teaser trailer to get feedback from the fans, they said so themselves at ComicCon ‘09. Anyway, maybe they released this to sort of redeem themselves from how mediocre and ordinary the teaser trailer was. Or perhaps, it could be a result of the changing of editors. Art Jones may have done the teaser trailer, and Summit weren’t happy, but it was too late to change it, so they released it anyway.

I LOVE how it starts of with the words "What you're observing will be the beginning of the end". Which is totally true for hardcore Twilight fans, such as myself. The editing is so much better than the teaser trailer. I really like at the beginning how the clips start and then they get faster and faster and faster. It so exciting and dramatic. Just with the editing, everything is that much cooler and so much more exciting than the teaser. Plus, I really love looking behind the scenes to see how things are shot, the crew, all of the equipment that they cameras are using and everything. I find it really interesting to see the production as well, not just seeing the film. I want to know as many people as possible behind the scenes, because they work just as hard as the actors/actresses, and get hardly any recognition. People go to the movies to see their favourite actors/actress, not their favourite Editor, Composer, Director of Photography, or Screenwriter.

In this sneak peek we actually got to see something new. I'm not saying that we didn’t see anything new in the teaser trailer, but everyone already knew everything that we saw. We knew there was going to be cute Edward and Bella moments, we knew that Jacob wants Bella to choose him, and we knew that Bella was going to have to make a choice between her humanity and becoming a vampire. However, in this we saw SO much more. We saw all of the Cullens, we saw Leah and Seth, we saw Riley and Victoria, we saw the Newborns, we saw the humans, and we saw a hell of a lot of action!! It was exciting to see the Cullens fighting and its something I really want to see that on the big screen because, the Cullens have always been very composed and peaceful (apart from Jasper) so to see them actually use their abilities and become violent against the Newborns is going to be awesome.

We got to see allot more of the wigs. I just have to mention that if think Bella's wig looks pretty good. I saw some pictures during production, and it look awful, however it looks ok on film. Summit have also changed Jackson Rathbone and Nikki Reed's wigs. Jackson's wig, I’m not really sure if I like it. It's so funny, that every film, Jasper has a different hairstyle. I wonder what he is going to have for Breaking Dawn? LOL. Just as I got used to the New Moon wig, Eclipse has another one. It's not bad, it's just different. I suppose it will take some time to grow on me, just like the New Moon wig did. However, for Nikki Reed, I LOVE her wig. Her hairstyle is different too. Her blonde curls are pulled back and are platted. I'm unsure if it's going to be like that the whole film, or just the fighting scene, but I’m sure Rosalie will have her hair down most of the time. Also, Bryce Dallas Howards’ wig still looks pretty bad, but at least it’s the right colour for Victoria this time, unlike Twilight.

We got to see SO many new scenes, which was really exciting. I know TONS of people complain that they feel like the have seen the entire film before they even go to see it. Well, if you don't want to see footage before you see the film, then don’t watch it. Stop complaining because it’s your fault that you watched the footage to began with. Some people do want to see everything, and that’s ok. All up, you probably only see about 15 minutes of the ENITRE film anyway, which is such a small percentage. Anyway, we got to see MANY cool scenes. Victoria killing and turning Riley, The La Push Bonfire, The Volturi coming, Victoria doing some cool stunts, Edward and Bella cute moments, Jacob and Bella moments, and MORE Cullens which I’m really excited about.

This sneak peek makes me feel a lot more confident that Eclipse is going to be a great movie. The teaser trailer did not leave me feeling like I was dying of anticipation for Eclipse. Now, this sneak peek made me SO excited. I'm really liking David Slade's work. I know it's a little early to start praising him, but I find his cinematography beautiful. Let's just hope that Eclipse is as great as I hope it will be. It's my favourite book, so I’ve got every high hopes for my favourite scenes, quotes and everything. I'm hoping that we get the one-sheet soon. Or at least, an official promotional pictures for Eclipse, rather than the poster that we have had since last year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home