The Twilight Impulse

My thoughts and impressions of the Twilight Saga, written by the fabulous Stephenie Meyer

Name:

Hey, I'm a massive Twilight Fan, and thanks to my friends being fed up with having to listern to my non-stop chattering about Twilight, i decided to create a blog for myself to just vent and document my twilight obsession!! I'm current studying journalism and have aspiration to become one, so why not write about something as awesome as the Twilight Saga!!

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Taylor's typecasting himself...Oh oh!!

After Taylor Lautner's exposure from Twilight, he has many more films that are either coming out, or he has signed on to. There are so many! First, there is "Valentine's Day" and "Eclipse" which he has already filmed and are due to be released soon. But he has many which he is yet to film including, " Northern Lights", "Max Steel", evidently "Breaking Dawn 1&2", "Cancun", "Vision Quest", and now "Stretch"

Taylor has made is very obvious that he wishes to go into action/drama movies like the ones that Brad Pitt, Matt Damon are involved in. So, the offers have been rolling in because Taylor is hot property right now. I'm so worried that Taylor is typecasting himself into these stupid action movies. That would suck because then nobody would take him seriously and just see him as an "Arnold Schwarzenegger " type actor, who can only do one type of character, which totally isn’t true for Taylor’s acting ability.

Taylor is a much better actor than some lame action hero. I'm concerned because "Max Steel" is an action superhero role, "Cancun" is an action martial arts role, "Northern Lights" is an action airplane film, "Stretch" is an action superhero role, "Vision Quest" is an wrestler action film set in high school, and I'm sure that Summit is going to make “Breaking Dawn” allot more action packed so that more guys may see it. I'm just worried that Taylors career may fizzle out if he only does the same role over and over with slight variation.

I mean, he idolises Matt Damon, but even he does serious roles, like Invictus. I just wish that Taylor would have a little more variety within the genres he does. I mean, he can do action roles. Just I don't think it's smart to do 6 of them consecutively, because many people may get bored of them, and not want to watch them after a certain period of time. If the audience doesn’t want to watch them, there goes demand, and of course movie studios aren’t' going to hire Taylor for anymore action roles because nobody is watching them.

I really hope Taylor's dream of becoming an action star isn’t going to destroy his chances of having a long and successful career because he has talent, and he is going to become a better actor as time goes on. I really hoping this isn’t his downfall, because he is such a nice guy, and I would love to see him become respected as an actor, and not blow it on overproduced, predictable action flicks with little or no substance to them at all. I don't want to see Taylor's career fail over something he has wanted so much! That would be so sad, because I think he is a much better actor than Robert and Kristen, however I do think their movie choices are allot smarter than Taylors'. Sorry, Taylor I love you, but please have some diversity with the roles you choose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home