The Twilight Impulse

My thoughts and impressions of the Twilight Saga, written by the fabulous Stephenie Meyer

Name:

Hey, I'm a massive Twilight Fan, and thanks to my friends being fed up with having to listern to my non-stop chattering about Twilight, i decided to create a blog for myself to just vent and document my twilight obsession!! I'm current studying journalism and have aspiration to become one, so why not write about something as awesome as the Twilight Saga!!

Friday, November 20, 2009

New Moon Tomorrow

YAY!! I'm seeing New Moon 2mozz, finally!! It was released on Thursday, and I'm seeing it on Saturday. Anyway, there have been lots of reviews online, however i didn't read them yet. I favourited them, so i can check them after i have seen the film, and formed an opinion on Chris Weitz project.


One of the things which i think if going to stand out are the cinematography and the tonality. Obviously the cinematography is going to be a million times better than Twilight because Chris Weitz doesn't use handheld camera's like Catherine Hardwicke does. The camera angles are more of a classically made film, rather than the grungy, indie look that Catherine used with the handheld camera always up in the casts faces. I really hated that because it made Twilight look like an indie film. New Moon is an indie film, but it just doesn't look like it at all. Also, Chris removed that disgusting blue tone which was in Twilight, and replaced it with gold. The golden tones in New Moon make the film look warm, and inviting rather than that indie looking cheap blue colour. Eww, that was gross.


The performances which i think are going to stand out are Billy Burke, Anna Kendrick, Alex Meraz and Michael Sheen. Billy Burke just made Twilight so much more enjoyable. He played Charlie perfectly, and he was very funny too. His facial expressions, his manly act trying to hide his vulnerability, and his just overall performance was outstanding. Similarly, with Anna Kendrick, she was amazing. Anna was everything i thought Jessica to be; a fake, superficial gossiper who was always trying to be the centre of attention all the time. Anyway, i just think that Anna is an overall talented actress. From the clips we have seen i think that Alex Meraz is a really good actor. His angry, facial expressions, and just his look of trying to repress his anger is very animalistic looking, which is perfect for Paul. I think he is going to be the best out of the wolf pack. Last but not least, Michael Sheen is just a brilliant actor. I feel that any role he takes, he will just make them epic. From what i have seen of Aro, he plays him to a tee. Absolutely perfect. His voice is just exactly what i imagined Aro to be. Feathery with just a hint of subtle creepiness. Amazing!!


Although, i do think that Kristen and Robert's performances are going to be not as great. Well, to begin with , i don't think that Kristen is a good actress. Sorry, but i don't see why everyone is saying she is so talented. To me, it just seems like her emotions are really fake, and that she only has two of them, depressed and fake happy/angry. I really hope that she lifts her game in New Moon, and i will be expecting allot from her, because Twilight wasn't good. Her acting was just bad all through Twilight. Now Rob, although he is really good to look at, just some of his expressions are...wrong. I mean, the constant constipation, and really deep contemplative expression are so bad that they can be humorous. I mean, i really don't want a repeat on the expression when Edward smells Bella for the first time. Argh, that look kills me every time. They are the most famous out of all the cast, however i don't think that they are the greatest actors. I really hope they prove me wrong, because their acting in Twilight sometimes made me cringe.


The score, I'm sure is going to be phenomenal. I mean, Alexandre Desplat i have no doubt will be crazy good. From the previews we have seen already, i love it. So much more than the soundtrack. I can't listen to the soundtrack, because the songs are very slow, indie depressing songs. Which is OK, because i think it's going to be more representative of the film, than the Twilight one was. What I'm trying to say is that the Twilight soundtrack was more marketable, and able to actually play on the radio, where the New Moon soundtrack was picked more to fit the film, rather than the songs ability to play on the radio. Anyway, I'm positive that I'm going to be able to listen to the score whenever. I really love Edwards theme, and although we haven't heard much of Jacob's theme, I'm confident it's going to be great. It really sucks that the score is released after the film is, while the soundtrack is released before. I suppose that if the score is released before New Moon then the audience will be listening more to the music during the film, and not the emotions that the song is trying to represent. Either way, I'm sure I'm going to love it.


I'm hoping and praying that New Moon delivers as the anticipation is killing me. The Twilight film disappointed me so much, whereas i hope New Moon doesn't. That's why I'm not reading any reviews, as i don't want it to tamper with my perception before i even see the film. I would rather make up my own mind about the film, then look at other peoples opinions. Anyway, New Moon isn't targeted at 40 year old males who are movie reviewers. It's directed towards the fans, so why should i read a bad review by someone who is just some old guy who knows nothing about New Moon, and then let that review wreck my viewing experience of the film. So, I'm staying far anyway from anything on the Internet, so i can make up my own mind. Please, New Moon, be amazing!! I'm counting on you to make the saga MUCH better than it originally was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home