The Twilight Impulse

My thoughts and impressions of the Twilight Saga, written by the fabulous Stephenie Meyer

Name:

Hey, I'm a massive Twilight Fan, and thanks to my friends being fed up with having to listern to my non-stop chattering about Twilight, i decided to create a blog for myself to just vent and document my twilight obsession!! I'm current studying journalism and have aspiration to become one, so why not write about something as awesome as the Twilight Saga!!

Thursday, September 17, 2009

New Moon Expectations


I'm so excited for New Moon to be released, i can barely think about anything else!! But, I'm just speculating about all of the photos, interviews, trailers and sneak peaks will ruin the movie. When New Moon was given the green light to go ahead, i didn't really have high expectations. Due to at the time, Catherine Harkwicke was directing, and the CGI in Twilight was cheesy and humerus. So just imagining what she would do to the wolves would be destroying the book. However, ever since Chris Weitz has been filming, and releasing information about New Moon, my expectations have risen. But I'm, wondering, will that ruin to movie for me? Because of my high expectations, when New Moon is shown, i may be disappointed no matter what it looks like because its been hyped up so much, I'll think its going to be epic, when its only good. You know?

Having high expectations is also due to Twilight. It wasn't the greatest movie, the graphics were bad, the dialogue was cringe worthy, the score wasn't great (Bella's lullaby..ewwww), the revolting blue tint they had on the camera, and the can held shots where Catherine was up in the actors face. Along with the bad hair and make-up and costumes. If i see Edward's pea coat one more time, i swear ill burn it. However, New Moon is the direct opposite, everything looks great!! Make-up, cinematography, costumes, everything is improved. I really hope this doesn't screw my perception on the movie, going in with expectations that no film will be about to amount to.

This is irrelevant, but it happened to me with Happy Feet. All of my family and friends were raving about it, saying it was amazing and all. Critics were giving it golden reviews. So, when i went to see it, i expected something epically amazing. Happy Feet was good, but due to all that influence before i saw the movie, it threw off my perception.

I really hope that doesn't happen to New Moon, because I'll leave the theatre seriously disappointed!! Anyway, just my ranting and speculating!! Bye bye x0x0x0x Oh, and that pic is of Taylor and Kristen from their photo shoot awhile ago, the outtakes were just released. I couldn't find a picture relevant for this, so i thought this shot was cute, so i put it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home