The Twilight Impulse

My thoughts and impressions of the Twilight Saga, written by the fabulous Stephenie Meyer

Name:

Hey, I'm a massive Twilight Fan, and thanks to my friends being fed up with having to listern to my non-stop chattering about Twilight, i decided to create a blog for myself to just vent and document my twilight obsession!! I'm current studying journalism and have aspiration to become one, so why not write about something as awesome as the Twilight Saga!!

Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Killers, and Grizzly Bears


Yay!!! The Killers and Grizzly Bears' have been confirmed for New Moon. To be honest, I've never heard of the Grizzly Bears music before, but i looked them up on iTunes to get an indication on their type of music. I'm guessed that it's rock, but its classified as Alternative on iTunes.

I listened to some of their song, and I'm not sure if i like them or not. I don't think they will have any of those songs on the soundtrack. They probably wrote one especially for New Moon. But, i can see how their music would be good for a film. I wouldn't have it in my CD player or anything, but alongside a film it would be perfect. Grizzly Bears have a sort of slow, acoustic melancholy depressingly beautiful sound that would fit the tone of New Moon. to perfection.

The Killers, i love them! I first liked them when i heard their song, "Somebody Told Me." They are great, and i can see why they were put on the soundtrack. Twilight had a sort of indie Rock vibe going though-out the entire movie. so more indie rock has been put on the New Moon soundtrack, just to show some sort of continuity. The Killer are mainstream, but they have that indie sound, so they can pass for both. I think it's funny that Peter Facinelli has been seen wearing a "The Killers" T-shirt a couple of days ago, is he trying to send up a message.

Anyway, the bands which have been officially confirmed are Death Cab for Cuties' song, "Meet Me On The Equinox", Grizzly Bears and The Killers. Unfortunately Kings of Leon didn't make the cut for the soundtrack, but The Used are recording a song called, "For You I Would," which I'm really hoping is on there, because The Used are my favourite band!! Here's a sexc picture of Taylor to get some momentum for New Moon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home