The Twilight Impulse

My thoughts and impressions of the Twilight Saga, written by the fabulous Stephenie Meyer

Name:

Hey, I'm a massive Twilight Fan, and thanks to my friends being fed up with having to listern to my non-stop chattering about Twilight, i decided to create a blog for myself to just vent and document my twilight obsession!! I'm current studying journalism and have aspiration to become one, so why not write about something as awesome as the Twilight Saga!!

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Rachelle's Role Issue



I'm a little bit late to blog about this, but I'll feel allot better once i vent my feeling's on the whole complicated issue that is going on between Summit Entertainment, Rachelle Lefevre, and Bryce Dallas Howard.

Well, my opinion on this is, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING SUMMIT???!!!!
How can they even THINK about replacing her. Rachelle played Victoria, exactly how i imagined her to be, excluding the blond hair( which wasn't Rachelle's fault). And, Rachelle is so funny, outgoing, bubbly, sweet in all of her interviews, and she seems like such a nice person who just has a love for Twilight. I remember in an interview a little while back when she was promoting Twilight. Some guy was like slamming the saga because he didn't like it that Stephenie's vampires weren't "traditional". He said that Steph took something amazing and changed it into something really bad. Rachelle totally stood up for Twilight, and got into a heated argument with him because she didn't agree that Steph "wrecked"anything. She firmly said something like that Step took something cliche, twisted it and turned it into something interesting and fresh, that people could relate to.

I don't understand how Summit can just fire her because of a 10 day overlapping in schedule. I mean, in Twilight, they had to shoot all of Cam Gigandet's scenes first because he had another movie to shoot!! So why cant that happen in Eclipse. I know it would be inconvenient to rearrange everything, but Eclipse isn't going to be the same without Rachelle. From what i have seen, many fans are upset that Summit has hired Bryce to play Victoria. I am too, nothing against Bryce, I'm sure she is a great actress and a wonderful person, and it isn't her fault that Summit is being totally unreasonable. But, Rachelle has been totally committed, passionate, dedicated towards the Saga, and she deserves the role.

This isn't the first time Summit has gotten on my nerves about casting. The incident that occurred with Taylor Lautner not returning to play Jacob really irritated me. How could they replace Taylor!! He worked out so much for his role, he had to screen test again, gain like 30 pounds, while promoting Twilight and doing all of this work for school (because he is still only 17). Taylor dedication, passion and enthusiasm radiated out of him whenever he talked in interviews, or even just encounters with fans, about Twilight. Although Summit decided that Taylor was big enough to continue on as Jacob Black in the upcoming films, this sort of thing just bug's me big time.

There are petitions that are online, begging Summit to keep Rachelle, but i just don't think that is going to happen. There is too much bad blood between Summit and Rachelle now, and no amount of fan signatures is going to change that. I know that i sound very cynical and pessimistic, but remember back to last year when hundreds of thousands of Twilight fan had petitions online trying to replace Robert Pattinson, because they didn't think he was appropriate for the role of Edward Cullen. Regardless of how many signatures there were, Summit wasn't going to change Robert. I sort of get the feeling, that no matter how many people want Rachelle back, i just don't see it happening. I wonder how this is affect the promotion of New Moon. Do you think Rachelle is still going to promote New Moon, while she isn't going to be in Eclipse. I hope so, because Rachelle is really cool, and even though she may have a disagreement with Summit, i still think that she will be professional enough to go and promote a film that she made.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home