The Twilight Impulse

My thoughts and impressions of the Twilight Saga, written by the fabulous Stephenie Meyer

Name:

Hey, I'm a massive Twilight Fan, and thanks to my friends being fed up with having to listern to my non-stop chattering about Twilight, i decided to create a blog for myself to just vent and document my twilight obsession!! I'm current studying journalism and have aspiration to become one, so why not write about something as awesome as the Twilight Saga!!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

New Moon One-Sheet Release

When I woke up this morning, Summit had released the New moon One-Sheet! It's about time, if you ask me. The poster essentially consists of Edward and Jacob staring front-on expressionless, with Bella in between then also relatively expressionless. I like this, however not as must as the New Moon One-Sheet. The One-Sheet for New Moon was incredibly symbolic, although the Eclipse One-Sheet is symbolic too, it doesn’t have the amount and ambiguity that the New Moon one had.

Anyway, I like that Bella is standing in-between Edward and Jacob because it's a representation of the issues that Bella has to deal with through-out Eclipse; whether she will choose Edward or Jacob as her romantic partner. That is basically the primary conflict in Eclipse, and David Slade has obviously addressed that head on. Also complementing this is the slogan; "It all begins...with a choice", which is surprisingly not cringe worthy, like the Twilight taglines that are still haunting me. The New Moon one's were okay, but i really like the Eclipse tag line. It's actually relevant to the plot, now just something that Summit came up with to try and get a bigger audience by having puzzling tag lines that make no sense.

The darker colours don't surprise me at all because Eclipse is a darker book. What with all of the Volturi, Victoria trying to kill Bella, Jasper's history, Rosalie's history, and then the most exciting of all, the bloodthirsty newborns come to seek revenge on Bella. Obviously if you have read the book, it's probably the darkest out of all four novels. Plus, Bella and Jacob look more grown up. Eclipse is a much more mature film, and Bella and Jacob are still growing, as they are human, so it's nice to see a progression within the physical appearance of them. I like that they are all wearing the same sorts of clothing too. Jacob's classic t-shirt, Edward with a t-shirt with a smart jacket, and Bella is her t-shirt, jeans and jacket, like normal. Glad they kept to the fashion sense of New Moon, and didn’t try to go too Hollywood on us now that Twilight is a massive franchise.

However, I do have some issues with their skin colour. Bella is looking seriously white. I mean, seriously. She is paler than Edward is. This doesn’t make sense because Edward doesn’t have any blood, so he is supposed to be this cold, dead, bloodless being. Whereas Bella is human, and she is supposed to have this healthy, vibrant glow. But, you can't see it. Perhaps it was just the lighting, or the make-up. I'm sure Summit would have noticed that because they know how picky the fans are. Oh well, what can you do? Maybe it would have looked weird if they did try to change it to make Edward look paler, so they just left it. Also, they are pretty shiny too, especially Jacob.

I'm overall pretty happy with his One-Sheet, although I would like something more inventive because it kinda of looks like one of the New Moon DVD covers, which was just released in American. Unfortunately not in Australia yet, but we'll get there. I totally LOVE that they only colour on the entire poster is the outline of the "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse" and "June 30th" which is the release date. That rocks! I'm so excited for Eclipse right now! I also can't wait until April 12th when the New Moon DVD is released in Australia! I'm going to go mental waiting when everyone else has already got it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home