The Twilight Impulse

My thoughts and impressions of the Twilight Saga, written by the fabulous Stephenie Meyer

Name:

Hey, I'm a massive Twilight Fan, and thanks to my friends being fed up with having to listern to my non-stop chattering about Twilight, i decided to create a blog for myself to just vent and document my twilight obsession!! I'm current studying journalism and have aspiration to become one, so why not write about something as awesome as the Twilight Saga!!

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Jasper graduating??


I was confused as to why Jackson Rathbone was at the set when they were filming the graduation scene. I even saw pictures of him decked out in a yellow robe and a cap. I finally discovered why Chris Weitz is making Jasper graduate the same time that Bella did.

In the books, Jasper, Rosalie and Emmett are all Seniors, so they graduated before Bella, Edward and Alice do. However, in Catherine Hardwicke's adaption, when Bella went on that excursion with her junior class, Jasper and Alice were there. Therefore, making Jasper, Alice, Edward and Bella all in the same junior year. Rosalie and Emmett weren't there, so they were seniors in the film. It would mess up the continuity of the films in Jasper didn't graduate the same time, as his class mates.

They could have made him skip ahead because he is smart and everything. But it would be too hard to fit it into the script, when it isn't essential. It would just be easier to just make him graduate with Bella, Edward and Alice. This time, that also makes Jasper get more screen time, which is good. As he probably had maybe 5 lines in Twilight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home